JC-255969 : Information Technology Specialist I - Enterprise Business Analyst
Under general direction of the IT Supervisor II, the Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I) provides services which encompass the IT domain of Business Technology Management. The incumbent serves as a business analyst and participates in business analysis activities which include IT Governance process engagement to review proposed IT projects for intake, prioritization of new IT projects; tracks, maintains and create dashboards and other reporting mechanism responding to executive requests; conducting legislative impact analysis; assessing current systems and processes; developing and validating business requirements and business rules; developing detailed system design documentation; developing requirements that involve complex analytics; assisting in the design of system components (e.g., modules, screens/forms, reports, etc.); and assisting in system and user acceptance testing in support of enterprise initiatives and projects. The incumbent demonstrates an in-depth understanding of business analysis and requirements development for new and existing products.
- Work closely with customers, technical staff and other project teams to assist in identifying, evaluating, and developing technical solutions to ensure long-term business and technology strategies are met. Facilitate meetings and working sessions to assist in gathering business requirements and defining technical constraints. Lead customers and the development/technical team to elicit and develop requirements/user stories and process workflows. Perform process identification, process analysis, business process modelling, and process improvement. Create work products such as business process flows, diagrams, etc.
- Plan, monitor, elicit, document, organize, verify, and validate the most complex business or solution requirements. Provide both customers and development /technical team with a clear and complete picture of what is required for any development projects. Ensure requirements are clearly written and testable. Ensure requirements are traced, backward/forward, and identifies the relationship to other requirements across modules.
- Create and maintain requirements repository and ensures that system documentation is complete. Provide management with various reports regarding business analysis workload and requirements development progress. Create and present document to management with respect to policies, processes, procedures, and standards and industry best practices. Keep management informed of progress on complex business analysis activities. Develop and provide business analysis and requirements development presentations.
- Participate in the development of a new IT Governance intake process for requested IT projects. After adoption as a practice, utilizes the IT Governance process to intake new IT projects. Perform analysis and review for enhancement requests and completes documentation as required for the California Department of Technology (CDT) Project Approval Lifecycle. Participate in IT Governance meetings regarding proposed IT projects. May assist in the documentation of the business case and develop effective solutions to customer problems and questions. Work with HCD customers to efficiently answer their inquiries.
- Develop appropriate onboarding materials and provides on the job training for new and existing business analysts. Attend regularly scheduled section and branch meetings, as well as training classes. Review technical journals or websites to acquire and maintain knowledge of applicable, emerging procedures and new industry best practices