JC-255983 : Information Technology Specialist I - Infrastructure Support Specialist
Under general direction of the Information Technology Manager I, the Infrastructure Support Specialist will provide services which encompass the IT domain of System Engineering and is responsible for complex architecture, design, configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems, and may act as a lead on projects involving the management and optimization of the entire computing infrastructure – processing, storage, and network resources.
- Serve as one of the Division’s Network Support Specialists acting independently, or as a team member, provide technical expertise regarding complex issues facing the Department which may include; formulate business cases, feasibility studies and research analysis reports related to technology endeavors; provide IT consultation to business community to support business programs; coordinate and consult with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology requirements. Effectively prepare and present proposed written IT-related policies and/or procedures, as well as written briefs and reports, talking points, technical documentation and presentations, for internal and external events as related to IT Infrastructure; install or repair hardware, or peripheral equipment. Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of IT projects; develop or update project plans for IT projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, & staffing; manage integration of information systems and/or subsystems; direct the conduct of integrated change control; manage identification of infrastructure configuration and change management standards or requirements; manage or oversee all aspects of one or more IT projects applying industry standards, principles, guidelines, methods, techniques, using planning, monitoring, processes, and controlling principles tools to deliver an IT product, program solution, service, or system; and may oversee staff in a project management capacity.
- Advise, create, or participate in the design of new system architecture, standards, and methods to support organizational needs; conduct research and perform analysis to recommend system upgrades, cost-effective solutions, and process improvements to meet current and future needs; consult with stakeholders to identify infrastructure system requirements and recommend technology, hardware, software, and plans installation; coordinate system installation, operations, maintenance, repairs, and/or upgrades; execute test plans for system upgrades or releases; install, configure, administer, test, and maintain communication infrastructure systems; troubleshoot, track, and conduct root cause analysis of system/database/operational issues utilizing standard procedures until resolved or escalated.
- Serve as the second level Helpdesk for the resolution of complex Desktop related issues beyond the ability of first level helpdesk to resolve.
- Design, implement, maintain system access controls to maintain system security in accordance with current information security best practices and standard IT operating procedures; review Hardware architecture and make recommendations regarding technical and operational feasibility.
- Provide on the job training for new and existing Network, IT Security & Helpdesk Support Staff.
- Attend regularly scheduled section and branch meetings, as well as training classes. Review technical journals or websites to acquire and maintain knowledge of applicable, emerging procedures and new industry best practices.
- Responsible for the completion of other projects, assignments, and Division administrative tasks as directed by management.