Air Monitoring Quality Assurance Coordinator
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Division of Environmental Management is recruiting to fill a Quality Assurance Coordinator in Madison, Wisconsin.
State of Wisconsin benefits include excellent health insurance options, ample leave time, a business casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, and an exceptional employee assistance program that offers a variety of programs and tools to help promote wellness.
We offer a team-orientated atmosphere and a focus on work-life balance, flexible working schedules for most positions, and the ability to flex hours with supervisor approval.
The DNR excels at protecting and managing natural resources while supporting the economy and the well-being of our citizenry. Click here to see what working for the State of Wisconsin is all about.
This position is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance team which ensures data QA of statewide criteria pollutant, air toxics which encompasses; hazardous air pollutants (HAPs), ozone pre-cursors, mercury, PFAS and emerging other contaminants. The Air Monitoring Quality Assurance Coordinator is also responsible for developing, reviewing and leading the implementation of Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and the Quality Management Plan (QMP) for the air program and air monitoring section. The ability to demonstrate knowledge in creating and implementing various processes for organizing and navigating large amounts of data is critical to success in this position.
Please review the full position description by clicking here.
Please describe the below qualifications in your resume and/or letter of qualifications to be considered:
Minimally qualified candidates will have:
- Experience leading teams
- Experience performing quality assurance checks on data with a strict deadline
- Experience assembling, maintaining and processing raw data sets
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- Experience drafting standard operating procedures, quality assurance project plans or similar
- Experience collaborating cross-programs/agencies/multiple groups
- Experience or training interpreting and applying state or federal statutes/rules related to air quality, which could include the Clean Air Act
- Experience in creating processes for organizing and navigating large amounts of data