Growth Equity Portfolio Value Creation Summer Analyst - Summer 2022
As a Growth Equity Portfolio Value Creation Summer Analyst, you will work collaboratively with our value creation team, portfolio companies, and the investment team to accelerate growth and increase efficiency. This is an opportunity to work with high-growth software companies (with $5-100M+ revenue) on a wide range of strategic topics. You will quickly gain valuable experience as you interact directly with portfolio company leadership on topics such as strategy, people/talent, sales/marketing/customer success, product, and operations. Exceptional summer analysts will be considered for full-time opportunities at SGE, contingent on graduation.
Interns will participate in a comprehensive two-week training program at the start of the internships to teach them the skills necessary to be a successful analyst. Prior consulting/investment experience is not required or expected for candidates.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead specific value-added projects with portfolio company executives and members of the value creation team
- Dashboard and analyze portfolio company metrics to identify risk/opportunity areas
- Benchmark key capabilities and best practices across portfolio companies
- Formalize playbooks /repeatable "growth accelerators" and toolkits for portfolio companies
- Strengthen the SGE portfolio company community
- Collaborate with head of portfolio value creation, as well as investment team to evolve function and impact
What we're looking for
- Impressive academic record
- Demonstrated interest in working with entrepreneurial, high-growth tech businesses
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superb critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to quickly build trusted relationships with SGE partners/MDs and portfolio company CxOs
- Collaborative and proactive approach: confident, ability to take ownership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Intention to graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within one year of the internship program
About Susquehanna Growth Equity
Susquehanna Growth Equity (SGE) is a growth equity fund focused on software/SaaS, data, internet, healthcare technology, and financial technology in the United States, Europe, and Israel. SGE has invested in 60+ platform companies since 2006, currently managing more than $2 billion in assets as it invests out of its sixth fund.
SGE approaches the market with a core thesis that the ongoing electronification of transactions and information will transform businesses across industries. As investors, the firm identifies and works with companies offering the innovations and solutions driving this trend. To learn more about SGE’s investment approach, team, and portfolio, visit www.sgep.com.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
We do not post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.