Senior Research Analyst
At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $30 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
The GoodRx Research team investigates timely issues in healthcare, including affordability, access, and inequity (check out some of our latest research here). The Senior Research Analyst will work closely with our team of data analysts and scientists, economists, and public health professionals to produce high-quality research as a leading source of prescription drug pricing intelligence. This individual will partner with internal teams to query GoodRx data, develop hypotheses, and share data-driven insights on drug trends and the broader healthcare market. The Senior Research Analyst will help identify new research directions, own the analytical process, and present polished data insights to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize analysis using GoodRx data and secondary sources for research reports
- Work together across multiple teams within the organization to analyze complex business data and share insights
- Develop analysis plans for research and data projects and see these through from start to finish
- Proactively identify problems and flaws in analyses, and collaborate with the team to constructively address them
- Conceptualize and estimate models with an understanding of broader research questions
- Synthesize results into clear, concise writing and presentation-ready data visualizations
- Develop and support internal procedures for data cleaning and consistency to allow for efficient analysis, collaboration, and data sharing
- Provide direction to peers and help facilitate internal processes for training and quality control
- College level coursework in statistics and data analysis. Graduate level coursework is a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to use inductive reasoning with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in visualizing and communicating complex data to diverse audiences
- Expert SQL experience
- Proficiency in statistical analysis tools and/or scripting languages (such as R, Python, Stata, etc.)
- Knowledge of healthcare (data, systems, administration, etc.) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and 20 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.