Data Operations Associate
This is a critical and exciting time at Enigma. Our product is gaining traction in the market quickly, and we are rapidly expanding our teams to keep pace (engineering, data science, go to market).
We are looking to hire Data Operations Associate who will operate our data pipeline, analyze and validate updates to the data we send our customers, and support the development and testing of new product features.
As a member of our Data Operations team, you will be on the front lines helping us meet our company’s mission of being the most reliable and accessible source of data and intelligence on small businesses. In order to deliver timely and accurate data, it’s critical that we update our dataset at least twice a month. You will play a critical role in the success of Enigma by owning the operation of our data pipeline and dataset update process.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Own the operation of our data pipeline from end-to-end to enable us to deliver data to our customers on time
- Review metrics and analytics to validate the quality of the data
- Bring a team-first mindset and attention to detail in addressing problems
- Communicate and collaborate with data scientists and engineers to solve problems
- Document frequent issues and pain points that arise
- QA data labeled by third party vendors for use in training and validating our machine learning models
What makes this job interesting?
- Community Impact: Nearly 8 out of 10 small businesses are rejected for financing when they apply; with your help, our data has the potential to transform how small business access capital they need
- Timing: You will be joining Enigma at a time of fast growth
- Data-focus: You will not only get hands-on experience with data and analytics but also build a knowledge base in the ever growing Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning space
- Alternative Work Schedule: When the data pipeline is running, you will be expected to be on-call over the weekend and 1-2 nights per week. When the data pipeline is not running, you will have a lot of flexibility in your schedule.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with data and analytics, including proficiency with tools like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Have a basic knowledge of reading, navigating, and deploying code
- Bring strong written and verbal communication skills to efficiently communicate with engineers and to improve documentation
- Bring enthusiasm for problem solving
- Be energized by working an alternative schedule (being on-call every other weekend and 1-2 weeknights every other week but having a lot of flexibility otherwise)
Bonus points if you:
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Statistics
- Bring experience working with data products or with machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies
- Have experience or certification in project management
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.