Data Analyst (Business Intelligence)
Hive Media redefines what it means to be a data-driven online publishing company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring web properties, which allow us to build relationships with our readers, advertising partners and technology experts. We own and operate dozens of websites with highly verticalized content and use sophisticated technologies built in-house to deliver individualized experiences to our readers.
Hive Media Group is seeking a sharp, ambitious Data Analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst must be investigative and analytical by nature. We need someone who is adaptable, detail-oriented, and passionate about large data sets. This is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to contribute to the decision-making processes at a fast-paced digital media company!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Independent, self-motivated individual that has a passion for solving puzzles.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a habit of checking and double-checking any work before submitting it for review.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills who is able to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information quickly and accurately.
- Team player with the ability to work across team functions to bring the best possible outcomes forward.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends/patterns in complex data sets.
- Produce reports for business leaders that are uniform, accurate, and consistent. Summarize key findings and propose action plans.
- Work with management in determining which reports/data would help advance business goals and follow through on implementation.
- Investigate root causes for issues/anomalies and provide creative yet logical solutions for solving data and/or business intelligence problems.
- Research industry trends and identify new process improvement opportunities.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
- Expert Excel skills with the ability to work with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of SQL and the ability to quickly learn internal tools
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc)
- Proven working/educational experience in data or business analysis.
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal.
- Preferred – understanding of the online advertising and publishing industry, campaign metrics, and media buying/selling.
What Hive Media Group has to Offer:
- A work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan, with employer-paid contributions.
- Paid holidays each year.
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off).
- Fully stocked kitchen with gourmet coffee machines, healthy and indulgent breakfast foods and snacks of all kinds.
- Daily catered lunches and “family food truck day” twice a month.
- On-site gym & game room.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily require the use of telework. Hive Media Group may require employees to return to regular, in-office work in accordance with state and local public health guidelines. Some "perks" will not be available during telework arrangements.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear for frequent communication and the exchange of accurate information. The employee will frequently be required to stand or sit in a stationary position for long stretches of time. The employee will be required to use hands/fingers and reach with their arms to operate computers and other office machinery. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hive Media Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.