Alight Campus - Digital Product Analyst
Digital Product Analyst
Alight unlocks enterprise growth for the world’s most influential companies with future ready human capital and business solutions. We combine industry leading data and insights with unmatched depth and operational expertise to improve the employee experience and optimize cloud-enabled business processes. Our 15,000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of clients and their more than 30 million employees and family members throughout 180 countries. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100, achieve next level transformation.
The Digital Product team at Alight designs and builds industry-defining multi-channel (eg web, mobile app, chatbot) experiences that drive hundreds of millions of employee interactions every year. We’re on a mission to bring clarity and confidence to employees by delivering a frictionless, personalized HR and Benefits experience. We use data, cutting-edge technology and a design thinking approach to bring tomorrow’s solutions to life today. Come join the team that helps 1 in 10 Americans thrive.
The Digital Product team is looking for a Business Analyst help bring our strategy to life. This role will be responsible for defining clear and concise business requirements and communicating the requirements to all stakeholders of the project.
The Business Analyst will conduct stakeholder interviews and research to define business solutions creating operational efficiencies and opportunities for profit. A successful analyst is one who is highly skilled in terms of understanding and defining business processes, building solutions, communicating requirements, and controlling project scope. The Business Analyst is responsible for validating solutions during and after project delivery to ensure the solution has satisfied the business requirements.
A successful candidate for this role possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
What do we need from you?
- Drive solutions and requests through to completion.
- Gather user requirements using standard BA documentation types and processes to develop and propose solutions.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Comply with the company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business area.
- Self-Starter that demonstrates discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance. Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to issues.
- Partner closely with assigned business channels to understand specific business and technology needs and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work closely with developers in scrum teams to act as a point of contact for requirements clarifications
- Interact with large data sets to extract insights, validate decisions, and influence change
- Negotiate detailed requirement and solution design trade-offs.
- Demonstrable experience working in a global environment collaborating with international based colleagues throughout a wide range of time zones.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development Program - Ignite, must graduate between May 2020 – June 2021.
Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite, is committed to building a diverse group of future leaders within our organization. We’re focused on creating a great place for new college graduates to thrive and offer an accelerated training program designed to build both leadership and technical skills.
Our program offers an opportunity to leverage the power of your degree into real career momentum. We offer instructor-led, web-based, on-the-job training, mentor support and extensive networking with our development platform to help you achieve success.
- Build business networks and partnerships, globally
- Develop overall business concepts and acumen, to drive client engagement and business outcomes
- Grow core impact skills and competences, to enhance your career growth
Helping you to succeed is our top priority. People Matter. We offer you: A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.