Rystad Energy is looking for an analyst to work in Houston as part of our E&P team and contribute to the greater global research teams. Your task will be to survey the US onshore upstream activity and to provide our clients with leading and relevant intelligence. Candidates with very strong analytical skills and some years of analyst experience from oil or service companies or from the financial community will be preferred. We are looking for team members able to work independently under tight deadlines and able to juggle multiple priorities. The start date is August 2021, so the candidate must be a recent graduate (Bachelors or Masters) or alumnus.
The E&P team is part of the analyst department in Rystad Energy and is responsible for maintaining and developing our database products within the E&P space. The work consists of collecting and analyzing data and presenting this to clients. This will give you a deep understanding of the global oil industry and you will work in close collaboration with our consultants and programmers, as well as our business developers. The successful candidate will be a part of the global team of Analysts working in the E&P department.
· Obtain and analyze upstream data related to the US onshore
· Follow a set of E&P companies and make sure our data on these companies is up to date
· Ability to model and value oil and gas assets
· Identify and determine the impact of external factors such as prices, M&A, geopolitics & policy etc. on activity
· Build and maintain a network of contacts with operators, service companies and government bodies
· Write insightful commentaries on industry trends
· Contribute into the E&P team’s work to build the core UCube offering
· Support our external clients, Consultants and business development team
Experience & Skills
· 0-5 years of relevant work experience
· University degree in a data driven field such as finance, economics, mathematics, engineering or information technology
· Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
· Fluent in English; other languages are a plus.
· Self-motivated, proactive and independent as well as a strong team player
The working place will be in our offices in Houston. For more information you may contact Matthew Bernstein, Analyst Upstream Research, at email@example.com.