Cloud FinOps Engineering Intern
FinOps Engineering Intern
- Remote, work-from-home internship position; Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Paid internship up to $21 an hour.
- 12-week based on 40-hour week with some flexibility on dates and hours.
- Great opportunity for DevOps Engineers who are interested in pivoting into FinOps.
Join our team!
Looking for more than just an internship? We like developing people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions, and is experiencing significant growth worldwide. The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work. It is an exciting time to join Ivanti!
If you are passionate about learning and having a great hands-on internship and want to have fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you!
The Objectives of Your Role
- Create awareness about usages and spends
- Drive efficiency and optimization
Daily Goals of Your Role
- Continue to build-out and update and implement optimization strategies and measures
- Automate data aggregation and reporting by extending tooling’s native capabilities
Ivanti is looking for a FinOps Engineering intern for our FinOps Team. This team manages the financial governing processes and framework, budgeting models, and tooling that run Ivanti’s cloud operations. By curating, analyzing, and providing BI that drives crucial operational and business decisions, you gain experience working with major public cloud services, FinOps best practices, BI tooling, and the opportunities to collaborate with seasoned industrial CloudOps leaders.
Your application should demonstrate knowledge and experience in data ingestion through APIs, data analysis (usage by metrics and cost), elastic capacity management, or logging for events or instances; include the URL to your GitHub projects, presentations, or media of choice.
- A strong coder. You are curious and inquisitive; you enjoy learning
- An analytical, effective, and efficient solution designer and problem solver. You desire to automate everything transactional, repetitive, high volume, high velocity, or cross-system
- A creative, out-of-the-box, critical thinker. You thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced, and high-growth environment
- A strong technical leader and as compelling a business-savvy collaborator.
- Bring experience and expertise in cloud operations and finances and DevOps to Ivanti.
- Build a deep understanding of the performance and scaling criteria for Ivanti microservices, forecast and manage their growth, and optimize their current utilization.
Your deliverables and respective impact to drive business and architectural decisions and operation excellence should include but not limit to:
1. Automation for the budgetary framework that captures, updates, and logs budgetary ownership, cadence, process, and periodic summary
2. Automation for key cloud vendors’ cost optimization capabilities, i.e., AWS Savings Plan, RIs, Spot Instances, to reduce spends
3. Automation for FinOps processes that forecast, monitor, and report usage and spending:
- Use historical trends and FinOps Best Practices as reference
- Provide insights into budget burndown through visualizations
- Alert organization about overage trends
- Provide periodic reporting CloudOps Leadership
4. Pipeline that intakes, analyzes and reports data from internal organizations, cloud providers or partner services per pertinent key CloudOps metrics
5. Automation for aggregation and reporting of BI data integrating with DevOps, SDLC, CloudOps, and BI systems and tooling for executive oversight
6. Sprint demos that demonstrate deliverables’ statuses and capture continuous enhancement
- 2+ years of hands-on DevOps experience, program in Python or similar languages for automation and AI or ML
- 1+ years of experience working with key IAAS vendors, i.e., Azure, AWS, GCP; knowledge of metrics and mechanics for cloud costing and billing, and optimization
- Proficiency in cost management services, i.e., CloudHealth, CloudWatch, Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management
- Expertise in financial analysis, forecasting, and reconciliation using Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SQL, or the likes; expertise in cloud capacity planning and cost budgeting using Azure Cost Management, AWS Cost Explorer, or the likes
- Abilities to utilize data visualization and abstraction tools, e.g., Power BI, Tableau, and the likes
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information System; MBA a plus
At Ivanti, we are One. One Company, formed from many. One people, formed by an environment of mutual respect and trust made up by people working together without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. As a global company, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success and we proactively strive to recruit, develop and retain the best and brightest people from the most diverse candidate pools we can find all over the world.
External Recruiting Agencies/Vendors: Ivanti Software does not currently engage with external recruiting agencies and will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external agency. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies to Ivanti will become the property of Ivanti and may be contacted and engaged with directly. Ivanti maintains a preferred vendor list and only engages with these agencies from time to time. Ivanti has not agreed to pay placement or any other fee to companies who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search.