Assistant Analyst/Campaign Project Support
ClearPath Strategies is a boutique research and consulting firm that serves global leaders in technology, politics, business, and progressive advocacy organizations. With cross-domain expertise and market positioning that enables us to connect how the world works today with what it will become, we dedicate ourselves to our mission of promoting game-changing leaders and progressive forces around the world who tirelessly strive to make life better for more people. We help good people do great things that impact people in a positive way - and we have fun doing it.
ClearPath has a long track record of implementing research-based strategic advice and campaign and marketing support, directly advising a range of clients, including some of the world’s most renowned political leaders and issue advocacy organizations, and ensuring their goals are fully met. Our robust client portfolio includes diverse technology clients from Silicon Valley (e.g., Airbnb, Google, Stripe), large consulting firms, non-profit advocacy clients (focused on environmental sustainability, vaccine hesitancy, civil rights, open source, among others), and international political leaders (across a range of positions from Presidents to Mayors in Africa, Europe, the Indian subcontinent, Latin America, and Southeast Asia).
Since its founding in 2013, ClearPath has continued to expand its footprint - in clients, revenue, impact, and investments in our people. We have grown steadily to 10 employees, are continuing to add new talent at all levels, and are constantly furthering a culture centered on teamwork, excellent delivery, individual growth, and respect for diversity and inclusion. ClearPath’s remote-first mindset allows our colleagues to virtually collaborate and engage with clients across multiple time zones, while maintaining a flexible approach to personal needs. We deeply trust each other and have built a collaborative environment with communication tools to keep people connected and accessible.
Sound exciting? Additionally, all full-time ClearPath employees are provided with a rich benefits and experience package! We offer:
- Competitive salaries (commensurate with experience)
- Health insurance with company contribution
- A monthly health and wellness stipend
- Company-provided life insurance policy
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Coaching and support for professional development
- Performance-driven rewards, to include salary increases and bonuses
- Paid Time Off - all Federal holidays/adjacent days observed as well as approximately 2.5 weeks/year of vacation given
- Flexibility for work schedules/remote preferences and paid membership to co-working spaces (once returning to a safe environment)
- Tech equipment, to include laptop, licensed software, and a reimbursement for 75% of personal monthly cell phone plan costs
As an Assistant Analyst, you will play a critical role supporting the lead project manager (Analyst/Senior Analyst) for one or more client campaigns, helping to ensure delivery success. Working closely with other internal team members and Independent Contractors, you’ll coordinate vendor needs, execute tasks within set deadlines, and help prepare high-quality materials, where appropriate. The Assistant Analyst operates in a learning-driven environment, receiving mentoring and guidance from senior leaders, including Principals of ClearPath Strategies, to develop themselves into a highly successful, relationship-driven consultant. Hands-on experience on project teams may include some or all of the following assignments:
- Helping to conduct background research on technologies and trends
- Learning how to develop effective research instruments (i.e. survey questionnaires, in-depth interviews and focus group guides)
- Practicing and applying skills related to the programming, testing, and proofing of research materials
- Coordinating with and managing research vendors (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Observing how thoughtful analyses and insights from the data are generated, and contributing to conversations that help solve client challenges
- Supporting the creation of client deliverables, including communications and compelling, high-quality presentations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are a candidate who:
- Is mission-driven with interest in politics, global affairs, campaign-thinking, social sciences and public opinion research.
- Has a healthy intellectual curiosity; you enjoy learning about new places and new issues and like taking on different challenges and tasks each day.
- Can execute a strong work ethic in a flexible environment, is team-oriented, and has a sense of humor.
- Is able and willing to travel domestically or internationally, as needed, in the future. (10-15% estimated.)
And you meet most or all of these technical qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for IR, Statistics, Political Science, Communications, or other social science fields and 0-2 years’ professional experience. Advanced graduate coursework or a completed Master’s degree is a plus.
- Understanding of political campaigns and/or paid or unpaid campaign experience strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience with the execution and analysis of qualitative or quantitative opinion research.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, including comfort supporting and engaging senior leaders and clients.
- Foundational project management skills: is organized, detailed-oriented, works well in a collaborative setting, and is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite applications, especially PowerPoint and Google Slides, a must.
- Additional qualifications (preferred, not required): proposal writing experience, social listening & online conversation analysis, and/or quantitative research skills (e.g. regressions, max/diff, conjoint, cluster/factor analysis, segmentation or other methods).