Project Gemini Co-Op/Full-Time Intern
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Project Gemini Co-Op/Full-Time Intern
We are seeking two (2) total Co-Ops/Full-Time Interns to support this project; one (1) in Finance, and one (1) in Human Capital Management. The role can be fully remote.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
bluebird bio’s Global Information Technology team’s mission is to deliver transformative, innovative technology solutions and services to bluebird and our patients. We are moving fast here at bluebird, working together as ONE TEAM in building a legendary gene therapy company, bringing hope to patients and their families. As a member of bluebird’s team, we have the opportunity and privilege to deliver technology solutions and services to support patients, care givers and the healthcare organizations serving them through our gene therapy patient treatment pathway. We are a passionate, hardworking and friendly flock of IT birds who are looking for individuals to step outside their comfort zone, roll up their sleeves and help us scale this organization and influence the industry of cell and gene therapy, while learning and growing along the way. We invite you to come make your mark with us!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Project Gemini Co-Op/Full-Time Intern bird reporting to the Director of Program Management and Business & Manufacturing Systems, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene and cell therapy approach in Cambridge, Massachusetts. bluebird is currently in the process of creating 2 “nests,” one for Severe Genetic Disease (SGD) and one for Oncology (ONC). This is a significant undertaking as we continue the business of improving peoples’ lives and we need help to make this transition successful. As we create a new company (ONC) that has its own systems and processes, we will need help from smart / driven / passionate people to complete this project on time with quality. All roles will begin as virtual experiences due to current COVID-19 guidelines but the ability to enter a hybrid model will be reevaluated as time progresses. Students will have the opportunity to collaborate with leaders in their space and experience the inner workings of the creation of multiple businesses’. In these roles, primary responsibilities include:
- Support the bluebird corporate separation “Spin-off” project by partnering with internal and external business stakeholders as we implement our Financial, Human Capital and Supply Chain administration systems to launch the separation.
- Work in concert with the user community to test and confirm the new systems meet the business requirements and ensure the successful transfer of data between the bluebird and new company systems.
- Contribute to a successful change management program to ensure that ONC has the systems and processes necessary for the corporate separation.
- Support and / or perform end user training of the new system.
- Develop working knowledge of the new system to assist the project team with any issues once the systems are live and to help the ONC business learn / utilize their new system.
- Other tasks as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have (Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (BA/BS) or graduate (MA/MS/PhD) degree program at an accredited college or university, studying Accounting, Human Resources, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study through current or previous coursework)
- Self-Motivated individuals willing to learn and who proactively seek input to deliver complex projects on time.
- Should be proficient in MS Office.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to build positive, and productive business relationships with internal business functions.
- Knowledge of accounting, organizational management, business law, operations management or business analysis is preferred.
- A strong attention to detail and organization is a must for this opportunity.
- Possess the (Ability to work a six-month assignment, full-time – July 12 – December 17)
- This position is intended to begin as remote, but those who are commutable and available to be on-site in our 60 Binney Street, Cambridge, MA, location as COVID-19 restrictions evolve may be welcomed.
What You'll Get Out of this Experience (skills, qualifications, and experience)
- Hands on experience implementing Tier 1 Financial, and HR systems in the cloud.
- Learn the business side in a life sciences company thru testing its systems and working with subject experts to bring a new system live.
- Work in an environment where opportunity abounds and the need for people to drive results is large.
- Become a member of the “bluebird community” of life science professionals that are making a difference in the world with leading edge science.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.