Trust Lab is an early-stage technology company in Palo Alto, California, with the mission to create a healthier and safer internet for everyone. As a trust and safety solutions company we work with social media companies, online marketplaces, app developers and other third parties to identify and mitigate safety risks such as misinformation, hate speech and child endangerment.
The founding team is made up of senior leaders from Google, Youtube, TikTok and Reddit, each with 10+ years of industry experience and a track record building state-of-the-art trust and safety tools and systems. Software Engineering, Machine Learning and Data Science are at the core of Trust Lab’s innovative approach. We develop groundbreaking new technologies and processes for online content safety monitoring and threat mitigation to make the web safer and more trustworthy for everyone.
**Like many companies around the world, Trust Lab is rethinking what the future of work looks like. Currently, our team is distributed around the world with some members of the team physically working from the same office, based on their personal preferences. The hybrid model is working well for us and we plan to continue in that mode going forward.**
- Combine large amounts of data from different sources for powerful data driven insights and display those results in a visually intuitive and professional manner.
- Find innovative and creative ways to collect and clean data sets at scale
- Extract, interpret and share data in new-fashioned ways to provide superior content safety insights.
- Partner with the company's leadership, engineering and operations teams to develop data science based trust and safety systems that combine the best of machine intelligence and human moderation.
- Conduct analysis of the performance of existing internal and external automated trust and safety enforcement systems, interpret results and make recommendations for improvements.
- Strong foundation as a data scientist or business analyst.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience with large scale, in depth data analysis.
- 1 - 4 years of professional data analysis experience.
- Successful track record converting data analysis into powerful product and business insights.
- Strong command of SQL and familiarity working with data visualization tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver results in environments of rapid change/ambiguity.
- Interest in being part of a startup culture.
- Experience and interest in working in the trust and safety domain.
- Experience and interest working with large data sets surrounding social media.
- Ability to think critically and creatively about data and the insights it can provide.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together leads to superior business results. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth.
Interested in applying? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.