Media and Entertainment Business Analyst
Salt Flats is an innovation platform with a diverse, creative group of disrupters, who challenge the status quo and create tomorrow’s future, today. The Salt Flats team is comprised of thought leaders in entrepreneurship, innovation, corporate strategy, and engineering. Our innovation framework and ecosystem environment, with members in technology, manufacturing, design, change management, start-ups, and venture capital, enables a network of 21st century problem solvers.
Our team is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Media & Entertainment consulting practice. We work in a fast-paced environment of project-based activities helping clients with all aspects of their digital strategy in broadcast and production environments. This role will be responsible for delivering day-to-day project activities, as well as provide subject matter expertise to our clients. Projects maybe focused on media workflows, content life cycle, digital asset management (DAM), media asset management (MAM), rights management, and multi-channel distribution. Project activities may include requirements gathering, content assessment, vendor selection, system configurations, user training, metadata and taxonomy design, data/DAM governance, content migration strategy and more.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Delivery and Communication
- Perform activities for project delivery including requirements gathering, business analysis, internal and external status reporting, as well as deliverable preparation and presentation
- Manage client communications as requested including managing setting up stakeholder meetings, preparing and delivering drafts for review and iteration, and tracking status
- Effectively manage task and deliverable timelines
Media and Entertainment Competency Delivery
- Perform requirements gathering activities including supporting workshop planning and facilitation, stakeholder interviews, and performing analysis on captured information
- Refine metadata schemas and taxonomies based on the relative complexity of the client needs and the information system. This may include reviewing and redesigning existing schemas, controlled vocabularies, creating new schemas, and creating a crosswalk of disparate schemas.
- Perform business analysis and develop deliverables with oversight and guidance from management for any project on the information management program lifecycle
- Provide subject matter expert advisory to Media & Entertainment clients
Internal Growth Contribution
- Contribute to business development efforts including reviewing and helping to prepare client proposals, RFP responses, and statements of work
- Contribute to marketing materials including reviewing and helping to create social media posts, blogs, ‘orange’ papers, webinars, case studies, and peer-reviewed journal articles
- Regularly attend and contribute to Media & Entertainment Practice meetings
- Help to maintain the regularly soliciting best in class deliverables, soliciting and building “qualifications” sheets, case studies and past statements of work from project teams
- Support regular trainings for staff on guiding principles and best practices
- Contribute to internal work groups as well as project efforts
- Prior experience with enterprise system implementation and content/data migration
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to prioritize a large volume of work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines
- Evidence of strong communication skills and the ability to build strong customer relationships with stakeholders, influencers, and technical team members
- Knowledge of and experience in the media and entertainment industry
- Experience in technical user training and technical customer support desirable
- Experience serving in technical business analyst and product owner roles desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in such fields of study as Business or Information Management, or related degree
- 1+ years of experience working with Media & Entertainment company (Film, TV), ideally with a large Media Asset Management (MAM), Digital Asset Management (DAM) or Media Asset Management (MAM) system
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- 2+ years of experience working with Media & Entertainment company (Film, TV), ideally with a large Media Asset Management (MAM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) or Media Asset Management (MAM) system
Salt Flats, LLC is an EEO/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.