Alumni Program Fellow - Can Play
Location: Des Moines, IA
Dates: September 20 - December 10, 2021
Compensation: $600/week stipend
Deadline: July 25, 2021
Due to COVID-19, as a fellow you will work in-person, with some work from home available. FLIA and Can Play may move the fellowship entirely remote if there is a spike in cases.
Future Leaders in Action Overview:
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits and organizations through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Can Play Overview:
Can Play delivers adaptive and no-cost sports-based development programs for underserved youth to give them the opportunity to play. Can Play supplements the cost of playing sports and adapts the play to the skill level for each child, creating the opportunity for everybody to play despite their financial, physical, cognitive, emotional or chronic health care barriers to participation.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will …
- Develop and enhance alumni programming, resources, tracking and measurement for participants who have graduated from the Youth Leadership Academy
- Obtain feedback from alumni participants to inform programming and measure impact
- Create and implement a alumni communication plan
- Actively participate in weekly FLIA professional development responsibilities including check-in calls and virtual weekly leadership workshops
- Attend leadership training retreat - hybrid of virtual and in-person with local fellows and FLIA
By the end of the fellowship, you will have …
- Developed and planned two alumni support programs
- Administered and analyzed surveys from Youth Leadership Academy alumni and parents of Can Play participants
- Developed and implemented process for alumni communication
- Fundraised $500 (with guidance and support from FLIA)
- Written two blog articles
- Completed final report and video
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team
A background check is required after a conditional job offer is made.
Future Leaders in Action is an equal employment opportunity employer, and women, people of color, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and people with unique lived experience or diverse professional or personal backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply.