About this Job
JOB DESCRIPTION :
As a Junior Data Science in our Implementation Group, you will develop cloud native solutions combining AI and Machine Learning with our Engineering solutions.
You will partner with a best-in class team to create top tier Mortgage Asset trading, hedging and valuation software solutions for Investors, Banks, and Asset Management clients.
You will leverage your skills and passion for application development to provide implementation leadership that will help create tangible business outcomes:
- Develop, maintain, and support innovative cloud native software applications
- Drive key business outcomes for a suite of SAS products
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, designers and developers to understand customer needs and translate them into product requirements and specifications
- Investigate new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and determine how to leverage these new technologies into our software applications
What You'll Need :
- Keen interest and experience in machine learning.
- Strong programming skills in any language or platform.
- Excellent grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Some knowledge of Django
- Any of the following knowledge is a plus: R and/or Python.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or some quantitative discipline; Master’s preferred
- 1+ years of quantitative modelling and/or software development experience
- Desire to learn about trading, markets, and the consumer finance industry
- Experience with machine learning & classification methods
- Problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Experience with Postgres database framework a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development processes
- Operate within an AWS architecture
- Demonstrated history of working well in groups
- Excellent communication skills
About Blue Water Financial Technologies LLC
Blue Water takes enormous pride in pursuing customer objectives and optimizing them every way we know how. At Blue Water, we are a company designed to be a strategic partner looking to optimize relationships and outcomes over the long-term.
We take every task and view it through the lens of our four key pillars.
Whether it’s parsing a mortgage portfolio for sale, optimizing a tape for transfer, hedging a book, or optimizing co-issue/mini-bulk execution, we continuously strive to deliver our clients the
best solutions to the best we can, day in and day out.