Private Asset Analyst, Operations
LP Analyst is a leading independent private asset cloud-based analytics and consulting solutions firm that works closely with many of the industry’s most prominent institutional investors (LPs) and fund managers (GPs) to get better, more actionable decision making intelligence into the hands of today’s demanding investors.
Our firm truly sits at the intersection of private asset analytics and consulting which means we take both a highly quantitative and qualitative approach to tackling big challenges and developing cutting-edge solutions for our clients. For our data analyst team, this means not only getting into the details when working with large amounts of private asset data across a wide range of strategies but also an opportunity to synthesize this information, through the firm’s proprietary reporting and analytics platform, for key decision makers at our clients’ programs, including private asset class heads and chief investment officers.
So if you are a high achiever who is passionate about disrupting the private asset analytics and consulting landscape while also being part of a strong, motivated and innovative team of young professionals, LP Analyst might be the right place for you.
LP Analyst encourages and promotes diversity within its team. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, veterans and members of all underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Private Asset Fund Accounting Associate is focused on LP Analyst’s fee and expense validation service and plays a key role in helping LP Analyst clients achieve success:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serving as project manager for multiple engagements with institutional investor clients
- Managing and monitoring the timely and quality of delivery of client deliverables
- Working across Private Asset strategies including: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate, Real Asset, Infrastructure and Credit
- Testing fee calculations, including management fee and carried interest allocations
- Coordinating with clients and private asset managers to collect relevant data
- Overseeing production and development of client-specific reporting and dashboard analytics
- Collaborating with clients to better understand unique requirements
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field (GPA of 3.3+)
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- 0-2 years of private equity fund accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong Excel skills, including advanced formulas and functions (VBA / macros a plus)
- Strong PowerPoint proficiency and experience working on client deliverables
- Exceptionally high attention to detail when managing and analyzing large data sets
- Ability to work as part of a growing team to constantly implement and improve process and technology
- High self-motivation with ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines and seek additional leadership roles
- Excellent written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, energy and overall enthusiasm for private assets and financial analytics
Benefits and Perks
- Participation in company 401k plan and healthcare and dental insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Great company culture with free snacks, casual dress code and free parking