Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Palisades Group, LLC (“Company”), an Austin-based investment firm, is looking for a Business Intelligence & Investor Reporting Analyst to join its growing and dynamic team. As part of the Business Intelligence team, your responsibilities will include managing and enhancing the in-house mortgage loan database, creating performance and investor reports and dashboards, implementing data management protocols and systems, and writing queries to generate ad-hoc reports for research as needed. Analysts must be proficient at manipulating and analyzing large sets of data and have a good knowledge of fixed income mathematics and statistics. This is a small team and any candidate must be a team-player, able and willing to work on cross-over projects, able to pick up complex concepts and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents. The position will allow the candidate to collaboratively work across the Company’s cross-functional teams (Data Research & Reporting, Trading & Analytics, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Transaction Management, and Collateral Management) and to learn from the firm’s industry leading professionals. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a self-starter, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work under time sensitive deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
As of March 31, 2021, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate and fixed income assets that amount to over $5.6 billion in notional balance through a combination of discretionary funds and separate accounts for globally recognized asset managers, private equity, family office, bank, broker dealer and insurance companies.
- Learning and maintaining proprietary mortgage database in Microsoft SQL
- Working with application development personnel to enhance and streamline quantitative tools
- Running analyses using in house software tools
- Creating tools, analytical reports and accounting metrics for our investors and advisory clients
- Automation of monthly portfolio performance reconciliations and Data Quality Control
- Reconciliation of monthly loan servicer net remittance cash flows and other loan attributes
- Any ad hoc analysis that may be requested
- Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA; working knowledge of SQL, and proven track record of learning new programming techniques to analyze and manage data
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python) a plus
- Experience using BI tools and building dynamic reporting dashboard (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees
- Ability to deal with advanced problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized or specialty situations
Education: Bachelor's degree from a top undergraduate program
Experience: Experience in a data analytics or Business intelligence preferably in the mortgage space. The Company will consider a recent undergraduate with strong academic background in data analysis, business, or similar field.