Data Scientist II
DAT Freight and Analytics is seeking a Data Scientist II to join our growing Data Science team in Denver, Colorado.
The candidate we are looking for is a self-driven individual with experience building production-quality Machine Learning software products. You will collaborate with leading global supply chain experts to research, develop, scale, and iterate on data-driven solutions for essential industries across North America. You will own your own product portfolio and help inform company strategy at an energetic, expanding, and established SaaS-company.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership of product and feature development, and iterative improvements on existing products
- Support the full stack of required technologies for deployment of data-science solutions (e.g., Jenkins, AWS CLI, Docker and Terraform)
- Research supporting strategy and market sizing in the North American freight space, specializing in shippers
- Interface directly with executive stakeholders, engineers, and product analysts in the software as a service space
What You’ll Get
- Experience in a booming essential industry, as a founding member of DAT Freight and Analytics Denver
- A role at a rapidly growing company with excellent work-life balance on a supportive, friendly team
- Deep experience with a rich proprietary dataset derived over decades from transactions representing billions of annual freight spend
- A leadership that heavily invests in employee success (extensive continuing education and conference support)
- Freedom to innovate and experiment with different technologies and approaches
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or other STEM disciplines
- Substantial experience with production-level data sciences development and maintenance (e.g., Snowflake, git, AWS, Docker)
- Experience presenting technical results to non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning development in Python or R
- Hands-on proficiency with large relational databases and data structures
- Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a growth mindset
- Experience in freight or a related space
About the Data Science Group
The DAT Data Science Group delivers value to the business in three key areas:
First, service of internal customers with model-driven insights. Second, application of machine learning models to a full stack product space to enhance existing product features. Finally, development of new, data-science-centric products through the creation of models which leverage large, company-proprietary, domain-specific datasets.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $120,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.