Customer Development Sales Intern - Summer 2022
Kimberly-Clark invented new categories with Kleenex® and Depend®, and we redefined other categories with our Huggies® and U by Kotex® brands. We continue to push the boundaries of engineering, marketing, and sustainable manufacturing to bring new innovations to market. While we started as a paper company almost 150 years ago, today Kimberly-Clark makes the essential products used by more than one billion people around the world every day. Our global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries.
The Intern will gain experience in the following areas:
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT SALES INTERNSHIP
Work Type: Internship
Applicant Major: Sales, Business, Analytics
Potential Locations: Boise, Chicago, Cincinnati, Boston, Minneapolis, Nashville, Rogers, Seattle (K-C Sales Offices)
Program Dates: 10 weeks starting early June
Summary of Position
Customer Development is Kimberly-Clark’s Sales organization that strategically partner with retailers to drive growth initiatives.
Interns will be assigned to a specific sales team located in one of the K-C sales offices. Interns will work on two projects, one individual and one group. Both projects will focus on creating retailer-specific recommendations which will be presented to Kimberly-Clark’s Customer Development Leadership Team at the end of the program. Projects will focus on recommendations regarding distribution, pricing, shelving, merchandising and marketplace dynamics.
Following a successful internship, the individual may be offered full-time employment into a sales training rotational program.
- Retail Execution
- Retailer Relations
- Future-Year Planning
- CPG Sales
- Category Management
- Omnichannel Exposure
- Data Analytics
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with Spring 2023 graduation
· Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
· Ability to relocate within the United States several times
· Valid driver’s license is required
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build collaborative relationships
· Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others
· Proven leadership experience
· Strength with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Desire to use data and insights to develop actionable recommendations
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
*Interviews are tentatively planned for early to mid-October