IT Business Analyst - IT Affiliate Support
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Analyzes business unit(s) operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organizations systems and capabilities. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost effective, and integrated business solutions.
1. Actively participates in the evaluation of systems to ensure standardization across the health system based on best practices and regulatory compliance. Participates in designated committees to develop an understanding of and facilitate business and clinical needs for technology. Collaborates with organizational project teams to ensure system development and implementation supports best department practices and workflow efficiency.
2. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, system capabilities and issues to automate processing or to improve existing system flow by working directly with departments within the organization to understand business processes, analyze current operational procedures, identify and resolve issues, and learn specific system requirements and specifications.
3. Collaborates with IT support to provide exemplary customer service to all business units.
4. Ensures that new/revised software produces desired results by testing its functionality, directing end-user involvement in testing and piloting with end-users to include the creation/revision of test scripts.
5. Interfaces with external vendors to support the implementation and development and delivery process.
6. Maintains solid technical competence of assigned customer systems while understanding the integration and interaction of all supported systems. Improves work processes by applying standard methodologies for business and clinical. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business unit(s) supported to enhance the enterprises competitive edge.
7. Participates in implementation of new and updated technology projects throughout the organization.
8. Participates in the problem management process to include reporting defects/problems, performing simple diagnostics to either resolve issues or obtain diagnostics to assist in investigating and resolving problems.
9. Reviews computer system capabilities and workflow to determine if requested application or modification is possible within existing systems.
10. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications and educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Prepares educational/ instructional materials (system documentation, workflow/ program flowcharts) to document business processes and system information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If a Bachelors degree: Three (3) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
- If an Associates degree: Seven (7) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Affiliate Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes