Associate Data Engineer
About Hive Media
Hive Media redefines what it means to be a data-driven online publishing company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring web properties, which allow us to build relationships with our readers, advertising partners, and technology experts. We own and operate dozens of websites with highly verticalized content and use sophisticated technologies built in-house to deliver individualized experiences to our readers.
We are currently seeking an Associate Data Engineer to join our team and help us maintain and improve our complex data management ecosystem. For this role, your main focus will be building out our Python ETL processes and writing reliable SQL queries. The ideal candidate should be a true self-starter, capable of working independently while supporting the needs of multiple departments in a fast-paced environment. We need someone who wants to jump right in and get their hands on countless data sets from numerous sources! This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking to learn from a team of data-driven professionals and grow their career in a data-driven company!
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for our in-house data management infrastructure using tools like SQL, Snowflake, Python, AWS to manage very large volumes of data.
- Maintain and develop data workflows, internal process improvements, and optimize data deliverability.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to assist with data-related technical issues within our database ecosystem.
- Resolve complex data design issues & provide solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
- Assist Analytics teams with query & storage optimization efforts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or another related field.
- 1+ years of experience working with relational databases and complex SQL query writing.
- 1+ years of experience with Python.
- 1+ years of experience with ETL, data processing, and data analytics.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis, validation, integration, and transformation.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Has the ability to develop work plans and follow through on assignments with minimal guidance.
- Has the ability to work and manage work across several projects.
Nice to Have's:
- Experience with AWS products like Lambda, Kinesis, EMR, etc.
- Experience with Snowflake, PowerBI, Tableau, Looker.
Why Work for Hive Media?
- A work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan, with employer-paid contributions.
- Paid holidays each year.
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off).
- Fully stocked kitchen with gourmet coffee machines, healthy and indulgent breakfast foods, and snacks of all kinds.
- Daily catered lunches and “family food truck day” twice a month.
- On-site gym & game room.
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter parties.
- Free monthly car washes.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily require the use of telework. Hive Media Group may require employees to return to regular, in-office work by state and local public health guidelines. Some "perks" will not be available during telework arrangements.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear. This job operates in a professional work environment and will routinely use standard office equipment. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The employee will frequently be required to stand, sit, uses hands to finger, reach with arms, type, handle, or feel.
Hive Media Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.