Data Analyst (@ PEARLS for Teen Girls)
Data Analyst at PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc. in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
DATA ANAYLST POSITION DESCRIPTION
Mission: PEARLS for Teen Girls is improving quality of life and strengthening our community one girl at a time by empowering young women with self-development tools, guidance and support to strive for better, brighter futures by living out the PEARLS values: P – Personal Responsibility, E – Empathy, A – Awareness, R – Respect, L – Leadership; and S – Support.
Position Title: Data Analyst
Reporting Relationship: Director of Program Services
Supervision: No direct reports
FLSA Status: Exempt, full-time position
Position Overview: Responsible for working with the PEARLS Director of Program Services to understand the information requirements of the organization. Participates in a variety of research and evaluation tasks to support the mission and goals of PEARLS for Teen Girls. This involves analyzing program participants’ and girls’ data and developing reports. Manage data warehouse systems that involve demographic information, program participation, girls’ goals and goal accomplishments and other data relevant to program evaluation and PEARLS’ outcomes.
Starting salary: $45,000
Data Management and Analysis:
- Responsible for the creation, development and maintenance of a variety of data sets. Develop processes to maintain data integrity, including checking and documentation processes.
- Provide predictive analytics of programmatic data.
- Manage relational database to meet the needs of the organization.
- Combine data from all aspects of programming (groups, College & Career Readiness, and Volunteer & Alumnae engagement).
- Analyze and filter program data, as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences. This includes creating reports of findings, providing trainings on best practices related to data entry, and providing information for the interpretation and use of data.
- Organize, plan effectively, establish priorities, and set realistic timelines to insure timely carrying out of various projects.
- Standardize data and reports as possible.
- Assist in the development and creation of standardized leadership reports, which allow PEARLS Senior Leadership and the Board to improve strategic planning.
- Takes responsibility for projects by designing procedures and collaborating with staff regarding data and metric needs, what information the programs need and how this data can be collected or extracted from the software.
- Habitually demonstrates a collaborative and interactive working style. Seeks out needs from programs, continuously looks to improve data and information. Negotiates with staff priorities and strategies for data organization and data analyses.
- Creates directions for staff and trains staff on how to run general reports and interpret data. Ensure knowledge transfer to the programs.
Qualification Requirements / ADA
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Preferred current Graduate student, Master’s degree, or Bachelors, and a minimum of two years related role, in a non-profit agency. Experience must include using statistical software to capture data, managing a relational database, cross tabulation ability to run meaningful reports and help agency staff interpret data and draw conclusions for improvement to programming.
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure guidelines and fiscal reporting requirements. Ability to write complex reports and correspondence. Ability to generate reports for use by others internally and externally. Ability to speak effectively before groups of youths, adults, and professionals. Ability to train and assist staff in identifying data needs and interpreting data.
- Advanced MS Excel calculation skills (e.g. macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.). Familiarity of PowerPivot, Microsoft Access, Power BI, and basic SQL a plus. Demonstrated analytical skills to initiate and perform different analyses and organize information to identify our impact, and achievement on key metrics.
- Effective communicator (clear, candid and caring).
- Habitually demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Strong project management background.
- Strong critical and problem solving skills, able to approach challenges with innovation. Quickly solve problems, ability to make decisions as they arise.
- Proactive thinker, able to anticipate needs and opportunities and resolve issues before they occur.
- Strong ability to identify correlations in data and provide predictive analytics about girls, program elements, and assist with assessing program improvements.
- Document information gathering and reporting policies and procedures.
- Good organization skills, timely and prompt.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with agency staff.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team context to achieve organizational goals/outcomes.
- Efficient and persistent, with experience managing and juggling diverse tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong team building and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with external vendors to define reporting and data requirements.
- Ability to perform basic testing when website application and reports are modified.
Ability to perform and conceptualize complex data and synthesize this data to meaningful conclusions on program performance. Ability to complete service delivery statistical reports, including outcome measurement achievement. Strong knowledge of computer processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality. Solid understanding of group dynamics and group facilitation skills. Ability to work with non-judgmental attitude in a population comprised of diversity in gender, socio-economic and ethnic group, sexual orientation, and physical or mental abilities. Ability to work within the parameters of the program and be able to work in an environment where there is frequent exposure to stressful/critical situations. Ability to frequently use standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or touch object, and to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulders; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.