Sr Research Analyst - Research & Statistics Group, Financial Intermediation
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
At the direction of economists and senior research analysts or research associates, help prepare analyses, reports, and other materials for policy and research projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the ability to assist economists and senior staff in their Bank policy work. You will: download and assemble data; prepare charts and tables; create and maintain spreadsheets; use statistical, econometric and other software packages to perform analyses and model estimation and simulations; and assistance in preparing memos and presentations.
- Develop the ability to assist economists and senior staff in their long-term research. You will: perform literature reviews and archival research; download and assemble data; prepare charts and tables; create and maintain spreadsheets; use statistical, econometric and other software packages to perform analyses and model estimation and simulations; and help with writing and proofreading articles.
- On a rotating basis, provide support to: (1) the production of documents prepared for regular briefings of the Bank president, senior management, and the Bank`s Board of Directors; (2) the production of material included in the Blackbook and other briefing documents produced as part of the FOMC cycle; (3) the production of other reports to carry out the Bank`s and Research Group`s goals; and (4) the performance of other tasks to accomplish the Bank`s and Research Group`s goals.
- Expertise: Demonstrate the essential knowledge/skills needed to perform the job.
- Customer Service: Deal with requests from internal and external customers, effectively and efficiently.
- Collaboration: Establish and maintain working relationships with others.
- Self Management: Demonstrate the ability to employ/channel personal resources (e.g. time, effort, talent) to produce desirable outcomes for the area/Bank.
- People Management: Enhance the development and ongoing performance of team members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Support the Bank`s diversity and inclusion agenda.
Job Requirements (including Education and Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience in data analysis and using statistical packages (e.g., R, Stata, Matlab, SAS, Gauss, TSP, RATS, EViews, PROCSQL), or other computer programming experience (e.g., Java, C++).
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
The application deadline is August 31st, 2021 (11:59 PM EST). Please provide a resume and unofficial transcript(s). Cover letter and writing sample optional.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more which you can find here
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
First (United States of America)The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.