Commodities Trading Rotational Summer Analyst Internship Program (Summer 2022)
This is a summer internship program for participants to gain exposure to Physical & Financial commodity trading with an emphasis on risk and technology by working with two different trading desks in either Stamford or Houston (or both). At the end of the Summer Intern Program, a desk may extend an offer of employment to join our Commercial Rotational Analyst Program.
Throughout the program, participants will also have regular interaction with the leaders of our businesses to gain an understanding of our approach to various opportunities across global markets. You will be paired with a commercial mentor to provide market and career insights, and participate in regular Q&A sessions.
This program is a unique opportunity designed to provide a strong basis for a role within the business, and to identify and develop people who have the desire to become active players in the company. Participants will be exposed to the fundamental components of the global commodities industry.
Requirements: At CCI, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent. We value our human capital and seek strong contributors whom we can support and provide with the opportunities to be successful. We are seeking individuals who have strong technical skills along with an understanding of derivative products and an interest in the commodity markets.
- Analyze markets to identify trading opportunities, analyzing and understanding risks
- Design and develop models to analyze economic data, market fundamentals and forecast prices
- Perform research and statistical studies of identified risk factors
- Identify market pricing trends and discontinuity
- Design and formulate trade ideas and execute with rigorous risk management control. Run back-testing to verify the strategy prior to production execution
- Review research reports and articles that examine recent developments in the energy markets.
- Build up close connection with external consultancies and internal research team
- Pursuing Bachelors in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Business, Economics, Energy, Computer Science, Physics or a related field of study
- Expected graduation date in Spring 2023
- Prior internship/exposure to the commodities markets, or experience with other financial institutions and consulting is preferred
- Intermediate analytical and technical skills in one or more of the following: R, Python, Matlab, C++, VBA, Excel—as well as SQL or other database exposure.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work as an effective team player and add value to team