Senior Data Scientist (ML Infra)
What you'll do...
You will join a group focusing on developing data-driven models and services and bringing high quality demand from a wide variety of digital sites (google, bing, facebook, pinterest, etc.) to Walmart E-Commerce sites at low cost in order to sustain and accelerate the growth of Walmart E-Commerce. We also work on ML based customer-centric retention solutions to cultivate a loyal base of omni-channel Wal-Mart customers.
What you are responsible for...
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for
• Developing, testing, and deploying big-data pipelines and machine learning pipelines from ingestion, model productionisation to visualization.
• Building and maintaining a robust, scalable machine learning infrastructure for developing, versioning and deploying machine learning models
• Developing, deploying, and maintaining high-quality web-based dashboard systems to extract visual insights from an ever-growing dataset, monitor machine learning models etc.
• Building and deploying scalable machine learning API services
• Building, testing and continuous integrating workflows for an ever-growing ML research codebase
• Managing public cloud services, utilizing public cloud tools and resources efficiently to scale our storage and computation in Google Cloud Platform
We would like you to have…
• Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as python, Java, C++
• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Strong knowledge and experience in big-data techniques, such as spark, hive, spark-sql, noSQL, Big Query, etc.
• Knowledge and experience in Linux, public cloud computing, docker, kubernetes
• Experience in REST API service development
• Experience in workflow automation for big-data pipelines is a plus
• Knowledge in angularJS, d3-js is a plus
• Ph.D. in a related field (CS, EE, Engineering) or
• MS in related fields with 2+ years of experience (edited)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)