E-Commerce Strategy Associate (Recent 2020 + 2021 Grads)
E-Commerce Strategy Associate -- Fall 2021 Start Date (Recent 2020 + 2021 Grads Only)
Wayfair is seeking data-oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated candidates for full time positions within our Merchandising and North American Retail business. E-Commerce Strategy Associates will have the opportunity to gain experience in core functional areas at the center of our online customer experience and contribute directly to the growth and success of the company. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are passionate about e-commerce and seeking to enter the tech space for the first time and jump start a career at Wayfair.
As an E-Commerce Strategy Associate, you’ll join our teams that are driving Wayfair’s best-in-class online customer experience. You’ll be responsible for owning and maintaining Wayfair’s vast e-commerce catalog, executing strategy for product categories and managing supplier relationships, and continually improving the customer’s on-site shopping experience. You will have the chance to work on a team in one of the following organizations:
The Global Merchandising organization is responsible for building and maintaining Wayfair’s e-commerce catalog of over 16 million+ products. The organization consists of multiple teams who each play a crucial role in defining and executing on best-in-class merchandising. The Global Operations Platform teams guide the management of our enormous product catalog and provide suppliers with tools to continually expand our product assortment. The Product Content team and Vertical Design & Experience team design an educational, inspiring, and navigable shopping experience that's catered to the customer. The Data Integrations & Analytics teams leverage Big Data to optimize internal merchandising processes. Together, these teams deliver on key merchandising goals.
North American Retail
Wayfair continues to take the online customer experience to the next level, optimizing every part of the online shopping experience to help customers find what they’re looking for and create a home they love. The North American Retail organization is at the center of the online customer experience. At Wayfair, these teams set and execute the strategy for a product category, manage supplier relationships, run process improvement, and negotiate pricing and inventory. They are responsible for defining and creating a “best in class” online experience, working with Wayfair’s suppliers to ensure we provide customers with an endless assortment of products and great value.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze data, trends, and use resources to improve the quality of our product catalog in order to increase customer satisfaction, trust, and site conversion rates; researching categories and vendors to build out selection
- Create cross-functional partnerships to advance your category through merchandising, promotions, marketing, on-trend product selection, effective pricing and profitability, and operational excellence
- Build key supplier relationships to enable successful negotiations and push towards a best-in-class customer experience
- Leverage data to analyze the competitive environment, report on performance trends, and develop business cases for strategic initiatives
- Manage communication with internal and external stakeholders
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, 1 year+ experience
- Data and process-oriented, comfortable learning data analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to win and steer collaboration cross functionally
- Passionate about the customer with an interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Demonstrated ability to thrive as part of a team or individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in Excel is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.