Data Analytics Engineering Intern
Breakthrough is seeking a Data Analytics Engineer Intern to join our innovation focused technology team, based in Green Bay, WI for Summer 2022 (remote work can be discussed). Data Analytics Engineers sit at the intersection of the skill sets of analysts and data engineers. You will enable a formal and thorough software engineering practice to the enable the work of analysts and data scientists. This role utilizes your analytical and business-oriented mindset to develop and operationalize data pipelines, making data available for consumption.
Data Analytics Engineers work closely with business customers in the development and maintenance of our new enterprise analytics platform. You will leverage industry-leading integration and analytics tools to build and manage a modern data management framework that is accurate, reliable, high performing and easily accessible within our products, data science team as well as our citizen analysts in the business units.
The successful candidate will work with the Breakthrough team to learn the processes to retrieve, consolidate, transform and prepare data for analysis and other data integration needs.
- Learn and support how to transform source system data into tested and documented datasets based on business needs.
- Build, monitor and maintain reliable data pipelines for highly available reporting or data integrations.
- Gain knowledge of and support ongoing architecture, implementation and configuration of data analytics using dbt.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to empower visualization tools such as Looker, Data Studio, Tableau or PowerBI.
- Streamline and integrate data management and data analytics from end to end.
- Contribute to the refinement, development and operationalization of the digital data management and analytics vision and strategy.
- Ensure ongoing alignment to data management best practices while developing and implementing data policies, standards, catalogs and critical metrics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in data engineering, computer science, or related field
- Understanding of data modeling concepts, SQL and data warehousing.
- Understanding the navigation of database models and DBMS's.
- Exposure to deployment processes through a CI/CD pipeline
- Must have excellent communication skills and can execute alone but is an awesome team player.
- Big picture approach a plus - able to incorporate business understanding into design and approach to achieve current value and prepare for future benefit.