Operations Director (@ Collaboration for Good)
Operations Director at Collaboration for Good in Madison, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
ABOUT THE POSITION
“Collaboration for Good” is seeking an Operations Director to improve internal processes and execute strategic priorities. The Operations Director will serve as a thought partner to the Executive Director (ED). Liaise with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, and ensure sound, transparent financial management processes. This role represents an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and service-minded leader with a passion for economic equity.
The Operations Director will report to the Executive Director. The Operations Director is a remote position with the ability to work from home and, post-COVID, a co-working space. Once it is safe to do so, there will be opportunities to collaborate with the ED and stakeholders at the co-working space.
Strategy and Leadership
- Contribute to organizational growth and ongoing development
- Partner with ED on strategic planning and goal setting
- Identify and lead special projects to support strategic goals and organizational priorities.
People Management and Development
- Partner with ED on planning related to the staff, interns, and volunteers growth and hiring
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train, and support new staff.
- Manage and support strategic skill-building and leadership skills among staff
Communications and Engagement
- Build durable relationships within the social impact community by working with ED to engage, manage, and maximize stakeholder relationships
- Drive communications with community and stakeholders to increase knowledge, participation, and awareness of C4G programs and serve as a community leader
- Improve and manage volunteer program to evolve from discreet activities to strategic activation of a volunteer base
- Collaborate with ED, Board Treasurer, and organizational bookkeeper to lead budget process and oversight, and to enhance financial reporting and transparency
- Ensure optimal use of resources, establish organizational metrics to measure C4G’s impact, and identify potential short- and long-term challenges
- Document or create systems, policies, and procedures to ensure smooth workflows
- Self-directed with proven ability to take projects from ideation to execution, both independently and in teams
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership skills that combine leading with inquiry, willing to ask questions, and knowing what they don’t know
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively engage with diverse multi-generational stakeholders through multiple communication channels
- Ability to manage a variety of audiences with respect and diplomacy
- Highly developed active listening skills and a keen sense of self-awareness
- A compassionate and empathetic leader who values and honors others’ experiences and perspectives
- Skilled project manager with excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Nimble, able to remain focused and composed in the face of shifting and competing demands and maintain a solutions-oriented perspective
- Comfortable with ambiguity in response to a highly dynamic environment
- Understands and embraces the spirit and work ethic of a nonprofit organization, willing to flex responsibilities as needed to get the work done
- Passion for economic equity and inclusion and a commitment to the mission of C4G
- Familiarity with or belonging to social impact community surrounding Madison, WI
- Ability to adjust to new technical platforms, applications, programs, and willingness to gain new skills when needed.
- Enjoys using technology and learning new technical skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary: $80,000
- Benefits: Competitive and commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Collaboration for Good (C4G) builds capacity by working to reduce economic inequality. We work with and for individuals and organizations that accelerate economic equity. Through our work with marginalized communities, we seek the participation of and specifically focus on black and brown women. We work with individuals and organizations with the ideas, education, and skills to grow new businesses and step into open leadership roles.
We are small and nimble but growing, working cross-sector, cross-discipline, with many partners, and a multi-targeted approach. The targeted provision of programs, resources, and services that strengthen, support, and accelerate sustainable social good is our wheelhouse. Specifically, C4G builds capacity and accelerates impact in the earliest economic development phases where resource scarcity too often prevents entrepreneurs of color from ever getting started. Collaboration for Good provides a bridge between a disdainful past to a caring, collaborative future.
Capacity Building: We increase the community’s sustainable social good by improving the wages and work experience for those who work to make significant, beneficial social change. Representative C4G programs include the Madison Nonprofit Day Conference, the Social Good Accelerator, and Nonprofit Draft Day.
Impact Acceleration: We provide the support and opportunity for prospective social entrepreneurs to do more, faster, and with a higher likelihood of success. We focus, develop, and sustain BIPOC entrepreneurial initiatives by reducing the pressures to abandon their commitment to the community. We help increase well-being and doing good and provide them with peers who embrace these goals as worthy. Representative C4G programs include the Social Good Accelerator and Nonprofit Draft Day.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
People-Powered Change Demands Diversity — We fight for economic equity. Creating social impact needs diversity. At C4G, that means a dynamic mix of race, gender, age, background, thought, and experience that builds new ideas. Combatting inequity is in our purpose— internally and externally— and diversity is more than simply one of the tools we use – it feeds us. We desire smart, creative, nimble people who work hard, communicate well and enjoy life. We are a safe place where you can grow and shine.