Support Merchandising and Merchandise Planning plans through effective allocation of inventory to stores for designated categories. Optimize store performance based on historical performance and supporting financial strategies and plans.
· Manage the execution of initial and replenishment allocations by store to optimize sales, margin and inventory turn.
· Actively monitor and respond to business at the store level. Analyze current business, historical results and market trends to proactively identify risks, opportunities, and creative solutions to maximize business results.
· Perform analysis and provide recommendations into Size Optimization.
· Plan for and ensure new or remodeled stores are opened and maintained with sufficient inventory levels.
· Prepare for and actively participate in weekly through quarterly business reviews.
· Manage the execution of clearance through consolidations and transfers.
· Manage Bin Inventory levels across Channels and transfer inventory where appropriate.
· Participate in the development and successful roll-out of technology advancements and process improvements.
· Build effective cross-functional relationships and skillfully navigate / influence business decisions.
· Responsible for managing and tracking purchase orders.
· Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
· Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
· Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
· Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
· As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
· Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
· 4 year college degree
· 0-2 years of experience in allocation or inventory management
· Experience with JDA Allocation a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
· The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
· Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
· Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
· Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.