Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst
Job Description: Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst
Company: Three Pillar Communities
Industry: Real estate private equity
Start date: September 2021
Three Pillar Communities is a Top 50 owner of manufactured housing communities (AKA mobile home parks) in the United States with a portfolio value of over $250M. We are a young, entrepreneurial, fast-growing company. Founded in 2017, we have grown quickly, and we now operate 37 communities in 5 states serving 8,000 residents. We are a vertically integrated company with over 50 employees creating value through property acquisitions, property management, and manufactured homes sales.
Our asset class—manufactured housing communities—has shown stellar performance during the COVID pandemic. Demand for high quality affordable housing far exceeds supply, and we see that trend continuing in the decades ahead. We are bullish about our growth prospects, both near-term and long-term, and we are therefore looking to expand our team by hiring a Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst.
· This is a full-time, salaried position. The Acquisitions Analyst will work 40+ hours per week.
· This is a junior analyst role. We are seeking a strong analytical thinker with 0 to 3 years of experience.
· This is a stellar opportunity for a new graduate, or an analyst with up to 3 years of experience in finance, accounting, or consulting who is looking to break into the “buy side” in a private equity role.
· Start date is September 2021.
· The analyst will be a member of our Real Estate Acquisitions team, reporting to our Acquisitions Manager.
· Location: Work from home (WFH) / remote. Our preference is for candidates based in the Western U.S.
· Starting salary: $60,000 per year for new graduates. Market compensation for experienced candidates.
· Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, two weeks paid vacation per year
· Equity upside: The right candidate will have a path to earn equity upside in our funds. This equity will vest over a multi-year period.
· We are a young company. We have grown quickly by being scrappy, having a lot of hustle, and not being scared to dive into challenges and figure them out as we go.
· We are values-driven. You can see our values here: https://bit.ly/3aJdw70. These are our core values and they guide every decision we make.
· We have a two-part mission: to deliver safe, reliable housing to our Residents and safe, reliable returns to our Investors. We care about making money, and we also care about our social impact. To succeed, we need to excel at both.
· Because we are a small team and a young company, you will never wonder, “Is my work making a difference?” Our acquisitions team currently consists of the company’s two co-founders (Daniel Weisfield and Yoel Kelman) plus one experienced acquisitions manager (a 2015 college graduate). As an analyst you will be working directly with the company’s co-founders to make investment decisions, raise equity and debt, and close multi-million dollar deals.
We have a strong pipeline of investment opportunities, so we are seeking an Analyst to help us analyze investment opportunities, conduct due diligence, recommend investment decisions, and execute on deals.
· Analyze manufactured housing community investment opportunities in various markets in the United States, including market-level and property-level due diligence
o Assess market quality, conduct market rent studies, analyze historical financial statements and rent rolls, etc.
· Develop property-level business plans
· Build project pro formas in Excel, based on historical financial performance and forward-looking projections
· Assess property-level cap ex needs and solicit bids for capital projects
· Solicit loan terms from our commercial real estate mortgage lending partners
· Communicate our investment thesis and business plan by writing investment offering memoranda for our equity investors
· Move transactions from “investment green light” to closing by working with title, escrow, lender, insurance, and legal to coordinate the moving parts of a live deal
· New graduate or up to three years of professional experience
· Strong academic performance (minimum 3.5 GPA)
· Relevant coursework in finance, accounting, data analysis, or real estate
· Strong skills in Excel. We will ask candidates to do a financial analysis exercise in Excel as part of our evaluation process.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· A self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a strong sense of urgency
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to thrive in a lean, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
· Passion for learning and growth with a mindset that no task is too small
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
· Willing to work long hours with the team when needed. We work early and late when needed and the right candidate will too.
How to apply
· Please apply online at www.threepillarcommunities.com/jobs