The Vail Health Administrative Fellowship is a two-year (24 month) program for a graduate level student with a passion for health care management. Vail Health is the sole community healthcare provider in Eagle County, CO and has been providing care to the local and surrounding communities since 1965. Vail Health’s services include its internationally known orthopaedic and sports therapy practices, emergency and trauma services in locations across the Vail Valley, highly accredited regional cancer care, a birthing center that performs an average of 600 deliveries/year and elite surgical services.
The Administrative Fellowship program allows for learning opportunities through a rotation structure at both the professional and personal level over a 24-month period. As Vail Health’s first Administrative Fellow, the fellow will help leadership create a lasting program for years to come.
The fellow will experience a balance of project and operational work, with an emphasis on health care operations. Learning opportunities include:
- Hospital and Outpatient Operations
- Strategic and Market Planning
- Facility Planning
- Financial and Analytical Performance
- Project Management
Vail Health’s Administrative Fellowship program is designed to:
- Identify and foster promising candidates for management and future leadership positions across Healthcare Management
- Provide an educational, interactive, and enriching experience that will contribute to the fellow’s professional development, as well as to their understanding of Vail Health.
- Create opportunities for Administrative Fellows to enhance skills in project development, strategic implementation, and operations management.
Candidates must possess excellent analytic and communication skills, should be motivated and self-starting, and adaptive to change. Prior to starting the fellowship program, interested applicants must have a master's degree from an accredited university in:
- Health Administration (MHA), CAHME accredited University
- Public Health (MPH), CEPH accredited University
- Business Administration (MBA), AMBA, AACSB, or EQUIS accredited University
- Or other related master's degree program
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Please be sure to follow all application instructions for consideration. Applications open August 2, 2021 and all complete applications are due by September 24, 2021.
Please submit the following with your application:
- Personal Statement (two-page limit)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Official or unofficial graduate transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (one professional, one from graduate program director or graduate school professor, and one from an individual of the applicant's choosing)