Manufacturing/Supply Chain Co-op
GE Appliances, a Haier company is looking for highly motivated engineering students to join our Supply Chain/Manufacturing co-op program. Jumpstart your future in a co-op program that will help you uncover your potential for leadership, develop your skills, and follow your interest in manufacturing and operations. Our co-ops gain real world manufacturing experience to help them compete for leadership programs or full-time direct hire positions after graduation. Supply Chain co-ops have the unique opportunity to participate on committees at Appliance Park that focus on recycling, volunteerism, & social events. Our co-ops will also have the opportunity to network with leaders in the business and attend various professional development sessions.
Co-ops will work in GE Appliances operations supporting dishwasher, laundry, refrigeration and cooking products as well as supporting the plastics center of excellence. Assignments are in a variety of disciplines such as shop operations, process engineering, advanced manufacturing engineering, global supply chain management, quality, sourcing, materials management, and manufacturing management. GE Appliances co-ops work in a team environment to complete projects and/or duties designated by their assignment leader.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set goals & objectives for your co-op rotation with your assignment leader
- Lead teams across multiple levels of the business through influencing
- Use initiative to find and develop process improvements
- Assist your team with development and execution of project ideas
- Develop and demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Set regular feedback sessions with your assignment leader
- Travel required: 0% - 10% (depending on role)
- Hours & Weekends: Some overtime & Saturdays may be required depending on role
- Start and end times vary depending on department and role you are assigned. Most roles are on 1st (day shift may begin anytime between 5:30 AM - 8:00 AM), some roles on 2nd (afternoon shift may begin anytime between 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM) and some roles on 3rd (night shift may begin anytime between 10:00 PM and 12:00 AM).
- Reliable transportation to and from work daily is encouraged
- Housing & Relocation assistance available
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelors degree or better in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering (or related degrees) or Supply Chain Management (or related degrees)
- December 2022 or later graduation date
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Must be willing to explore all sides of Supply Chain (i.e. Manufacturing, Sourcing, Supplier Quality/ Quality, Materials, Total Productive Maintenance, Lean, Distribution, Fulfillment, Consumer Operations, Advanced Manufacturing)
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Previous Co-op/Intern work experience
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership roles on campus or in the community.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving, initiative, strong communication skills, effective team skills and coursework or related experience in their major field of study.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.