Aerospace Economics Internship - Fall 2021
Are you an economics or business major looking for a fall internship working on the next generation of space technologies? SpaceWorks is seeking a college student intern for Fall 2021 to help us with market strategy development, space market research, competitive assessments, and economic analysis. Your work will help provide internal and external clients with valuable insights into the changing space market landscape, help them envision the impact of future technologies, and assist them in making sound strategic investment decisions regarding the future of space markets. The position is located in Atlanta, GA and is a seasonal, full-time (hourly) position. US Citizenship or US Person status is required.
We are searching for a college intern to join us in the fall semester of 2021 (late August to early December) to support our SpaceWorks Commercial business unit. The target candidate is a current or recent college student in Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field. Typically, SpaceWorks Commercial interns are seeking either BA or MS/MBA degrees and are looking for a practical full-time semester-long experience in industry. For this position, we are also accepting part-time applicants as well. Given our focus on the aerospace industry, we are looking for an intern with a passion for outer space, aerospace applications, small satellites, space exploration, and high-speed hypersonic flight.
SpaceWorks Commercial interns will assist with a variety of market research, company profiles, cost assessments, market strategy development, due-dilligence, quantitative economic analysis, and market forecasting engagements, working closely with the SpaceWorks Commercial team. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel is required to support the level of financial and quantitative modeling required.
- Work with the SpaceWorks Commercial team on a variety of ongoing business strategy and economic analysis projects
- Help conduct industry research and studies via online research, review of 3rd party publications, and customer surveys
- Develop quantitative models to capture cost, schedule, and market fit for novel space technologies
- Support interactions with U.S. government and other external customers, as needed
- Help reduce and present research and modeling data in graphical formats and presentations (charts, plots, and graphs)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- College student pursuing a degree (BA/BS or MA/MS) in business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel for data plotting and analytics
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint for creating high-quality client deliverables
- Familiarity with commercial aspects of space development, including finance, economic modeling, cost estimation, and market research
- Available full-time or part-time hourly for Fall 2021 (late August to early December)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)