Director, Partnership Delivery
The Director of Partnership Delivery will be based in one of our four US offices (Boston, Providence, Houston, or Austin). You will report to the Senior Director of Partnerships and work collaboratively with the Partnership Success team to design and deliver programs outside of standard “early-stage accelerator” activities. This could include custom competitions, specialized startup sourcing programs, training events, and industry tracks. You will work directly with our partners to identify the innovation goals within their organizations and structure engagements to achieve the desired outcomes as our resident champion of corporate innovation. This means you must be comfortable working as both a strategist and a project manager, have a passion for building partnerships, and be capable of working within a team across multiple geographies both internally and externally.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.): We are looking for individuals from underrepresented races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities, and experiences to join our team, enhance our culture, and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that it’s not always easy to apply for a job if you’re not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a "perfect" candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day.
A note on location: our offices are closed because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. When we return to the office this position can be based out of one of our four offices(Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Austin, TX or Houston, TX). We are accepting candidates that currently live in or are looking to move to one of these cities. You will only be expected to work from one city, not travel between all four. This position will start virtual/remote which means you can be located anywhere in the U.S. to start while working east coast hours. We anticipate opening the office no earlier than September 7, 2021, with the required safety measures in place. Once our office opens, you would be expected to come in, and at this time we are not able to provide relocation assistance.
What You’ll Do
- Design and deliver key non-accelerator deliverables to Partners. This includes:
- With the input of Partnership Success team, work with Partner to scope deliverables including the development of project plans, timelines, and, if relevant, staffing needs and responsibilities.
- Lead execution of the project including, as relevant, ensuring project is delivered on time and within budget against partner goals.
- Advise and oversee implementation of major in-accelerator deliverables including design and execution of tracks to ensure consistency across programs.
- Support the development of key partner operating and management tools including related to data collection, impact reporting and ROI measurement.
- Where relevant, advise during new sales process including solution shaping and timeline development.
- Manage cross-program staffing process to advise Partners and Partner Success Manager on realistic delivery timetables.
Who You Are
- You have at least 7 years of experience, ideally in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and with some experience as a manager.
- You take a highly collaborative approach and able to work across teams and functions to achieve success. You have an ability to lead, a willingness to be led, and comfort with situational leadership.
- You have both an operational and product development mindset; you are able to help shape deliverables to meet partners specific needs and “productize” custom offerings over time.
- You have an ability to connect and engage with all stakeholders at varying levels.
- You are extremely organized with a high attention to detail and very strong ability to prioritize, manage time and manage others. You are execution oriented. You are not just a planner but also a doer.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, speaking and customer relationship-building skills, across multiple levels of management.
- You are skilled in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel required. Knowledge of Salesforce is preferred.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators who are working to solve massive challenges. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies. At MassChallenge we:
- Help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses by connecting them with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their startups.
- Help our partners build, grow, and evolve their corporate innovation practices.
- Leverage the power of entrepreneurship to strengthen global innovation ecosystems.
Whether you’ve never heard of an accelerator, you’ve had your own startup, or you are new to the world of entrepreneurship, we use certain words at MassChallenge to describe our work that might be new to you. Here are a few words you have seen throughout this job description and what they mean to us:
- Program: A startup accelerator program at MassChallenge that is location or industry based that conducts its own applications, cohorts, and curriculum, such as MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Texas, or MassChallenge FinTech.
- Partner: An organization that has teamed up with MassChallenge to collaborate on achieving their own innovation-related goals and learn best practices for working with and integrating startups into their organization.
How We Work
Our mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Put Community First
- Own It
- Love the Problem
- Build for Impact
- Connect and Collaborate
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us why this job is compelling to you.
Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.