Administrative Development & Production Assistant
Prodigal is an entertainment company that tells stories across television, film, comics, audio, and theatre. Led by writer and producer Arvind Ethan David, the company is a lead producer on the Grammy Award-Winning and 15-time Tony-Nominated Broadway Musical Jagged Little Pill, Audible’s Best-Selling Neil Gaiman at the End of the Universe, Netflix/BBC America’s Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency, British hit musical comedy The Infidel, and HBO’s Asian Academy Award-winning The Garden of Evening Mists. The company has a first look deal for TV and film with Warner Media & J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot.
Outside of TV and film, the company is a partner in multiple immersive experiences, including Hatch Escapes’ (creators of Lab Rat) The Ladder and Mother of Frankenstein. One of Prodigal’s latest ventures is the Broadway Wine Club, blending fine wine with great theatre, and the Broadway Happy Hour, a chat-show in partnership with iHeartRadio. The Broadway Wine Club has also paired with Hollywood’s Wood&Vine to launch a limited dinner event series featuring live music from Broadway talent and an incredible wine and gourmet dinner experience.
In response to the systemic racism in the industry and world, the company led a creative protest, While We Breathe, creating short stories about what it means to be a person of color in the industry. While We Breathe featured star talent such as Lynn Whitfield, Patina Miller, Birgundi Baker, among others, and was heralded by the New York Times as “Ambitious...very effective, quietly distressing.”
- Administrative Assistant to Prodigal’s Principal, Arvind Ethan David, including scheduling internal and external meetings, coordinating travel arrangements, and various personal tasks
- Assist Producers as the point-of-contact for production of upcoming audio projects and immersive theatre ventures, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports for lead production staff as needed
- Attend and take notes at staff, production, and creative meetings and assist Producers to translate creative needs of artists into actionable plans for researching, budgeting, and project momentum
- Attend Director and Writer meetings to better understand creative goals and assist in designing pitch decks for their projects in development with the company
- Work with Producers to create and distribute Contact Sheets, Call Sheets, and Run of Shows for projects in production
- Assist Producers in coordinating with agents and managers to book talent for live event series, audio projects, and various TV & Film projects across Prodigal’s Production & Development slate
- Acting as Production Assistant, attend to various on-set production needs for remote productions including helping with equipment and attending to talent, crew, and Producer needs
- Assist Producers in creating and updating spreadsheets based on talent and vendor research, scheduling, tracking, and additional project management needs
- Update text and images on project websites using Wordpress and Wix & assist interns with social media publishing
- Assist Producers with creating copy and designing email blasts for company projects, using Mailchimp and HTML
- Read and cover scripts to evaluate production potential for the company as needed
- You’re located on PST time zone
- You have photoshop/design skills
- You’re looking to grow within a small company
$15-18/hour depending on experience + overtime compensation
After the initial 3 month period has been completed, upon renegotiation of continued employment, the candidate is eligible to receive health, vision, and dental benefits in addition to the salary.
Please note that Prodigal Entertainment is currently a remote-working company through December 2021 with some in-person tasks requested and the option for in office work in 2022.
Prodigal is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), committed to diversity and inclusion in all areas of digital, stage, television, audio, and filmed media.
Prodigal operates in good faith per labor requirements of the state of California, USA.