Business Operations Associate
About the role
Savvy's mission is to make rent rewarding. We enable landlords to offer their residents cash back on rent, along with deals for local and online merchants. Landlords get increased leasing velocity and tenant retention. Renters get a way to build equity by paying rent. Neighborhood businesses get local, sustained traffic. Online brands get exposure to movers with high spending intent.
Our vision is a more equitable housing model for 100mm+ renters, landlords, and neighborhood businesses. The company is seed stage, based in New York, and backed by investors including Ulu Ventures, TMV VC, FJ Labs, Antler VC, and New Lab Ventures. The founders, Chou and Andy, have 10+ years experience in real estate.
We recently raised a seed VC funding round, and are growing. You'll report directly to the CEO, Chou, and work closely with our design and engineering teams. This position is perfect if you want to join an early team, gain broad exposure to every aspect of the company, and work on the future of rental housing.
The role is remote-friendly, with a strong preference for candidates based in New York.
- Project management - work directly with founders, engineering, and design teams to deliver product
- Ad hoc strategic projects
- Report directly to CEO
- Manage internal meetings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-4 years experience in tech, finance, consulting, teaching, or comparable highly demanding work environment
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google productivity apps (Powerpoint/Slides, Excel/Sheets, etc.)
- Highly organized and system-oriented
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of US real estate industry
- Design background
- Technical background
- $60-75k salary
- Competitive equity package
- Equity compensation plan
- Health coverage
- Dental coverage
- Remote friendly
- 20 vacation days (accruing)
- Supportive confrontation over keeping the peace. We are a feedback-forward org, and we prioritize surfacing any issues or disagreements before they have a chance to fester.
- Longevity over speed (invest in your own wellbeing). Schedule time into your calendar to take care of yourself (lunch breaks, time carve-outs for follow ups, etc.) - in other words, practice "defensive calendaring."
- Employees 1st, customers 2nd, investors 3rd
- Give away responsibility over keeping control ("Give Away Your Legos"). As we scale, it's increasingly important for everyone to be comfortable handing off their projects, their ideas, their "babies." It's harder than you'd expect if you've never done it before, but it's the only way to gain leverage through people.
- Fast decisions over perfect ones