Analyst, Compensation and Benefits
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to maintain Palladium’s job architecture framework. The position will assist the Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits in making recommendations in the design, development and regular review of the compensation structure, benefits and reward programmes to support recruitment, retention, motivation, productivity and engagement of employees at all levels.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of the Compensation and Benefits Analyst are to:
- Coordinate the company's job architecture framework involving consultation, evaluation, documentation and confirmation of the grading of new roles, and review of existing roles.
- Take ownership of the job description library and regularly update as required.
- Participate in external compensation and benefits surveys including submission of data and conduct initial analysis to determine prevailing pay rates, benefits, and other best practices.
- Support the company’s salary structures and benefits programs by assisting in the review and analysis of these programmes as they relate to general competitiveness, utilization and cost-effectiveness, best practice and/or compliance with legal requirements.
- Participate in the annual salary, incentives and promotions review period ensuring the systems are working accurately.
- Support the comp and benefits function lead in the annual pay and quarterly incentives processes
- Support in drafting compensation and benefits policies and guidelines and ensure that all confidential information is stored securely.
- Collaborate with Contracts & Compliance and Pricing Teams to consult with in country projects for Employee benefits in countries in which Palladium operates and for countries where the company has priority bids ensuring compliance with local employment laws including benefits review and recommendations. Operate an audit function on successful operations and compliance for these local pay and benefits arrangements.
- Conduct periodic audit on specific legislative factors relating to (but not exclusively) minimum wage, statutory benefits, government mandated provisions, tax effective pay arrangements and perquisites. This to be effected in countries where we operate and make recommendations based on audit results.
- Collaborate with global Diversity & Inclusion leadership and other HR Colleagues across the Company to provide data and analyses on established D&I metrics. This includes participation in Total Rewards programs – particularly equal access to benefits provisions.
- Collaborate with HR Colleagues to introduce, implement and support company-wide or group-wide benefit initiatives and assist in preparing the business case for any structural changes to benefits in-country, and provide market information on benchmark compensation data for bid process.
- Support the design and generation of various reports related to remuneration and benefits.
- Performs other duties related to all compensation and benefits projects as assigned.
The role reports to the Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits. Reporting requirements include:
- Quarterly Board reports
- Annual Remuneration and Performance Excellence process reporting
- Regular weekly meetings with Line Manager
- Exception reports when required
- Monitoring and controlling statutory reporting obligations in country as part of a risk management approach that surveys and manages compliance.
- The role will form part of the Corporate HR team.
- The role will be required to liaise closely with managers, employees, subject matter experts and service providers.
- The role is required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the HR team.
- The role is expected to contribute to business process improvements through innovative and cost-effective proposals and recommendations.
- Experience in HR with specific experience within the Compensation and Benefits specialism.
- Working knowledge of human resources practices and processes to assist with understanding business processes, transactions and reporting needs.
- Compensation and benefits experience including salary surveys, salary reviews, bonuses and management of benefits is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in HR practices and compensation cycle management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of job mapping and labour market surveys/market pricing.
- Good organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical and research skills.
- Above average proficiency in MS word, excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to work independently with high level of motivation and service mind set.
- Ability to work across multiple locations and time zones to ensure timely delivery
- High quality in delivery under tight time lines
- Can work well under pressure.