Supply Chain Solutions Analyst I, Continuous Improvement
The Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Analyst I will develop, execute, monitor, and report the progress of continuous improvement projects set forth by the Supply Chain Solutions Group. Their projects will involve improvements to all aspects of the Supply Chain, including Procurement, Planning, Logistics, and Customer Service. They will execute, track, and own the project tasks of multiple SCCI projects in support of the SCCI Analyst II, Senior SCCI Analyst and SCCI Manager. They will develop their own project management, communication, and CI skills, while building Supply Chain business acumen. They will map processes, analyze work and information flows for standardization and optimization opportunities, and participate in analysis of data to determine efficacy and control of CI projects.
- Understands opportunities for business process improvement, and seeks to learn and document underlying and existing business processes.
- Test plans and/or test cases (help translate functional requirements/specifications into working test plans and/or test cases)
- Documents and monitors business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures of improvement initiatives and Supply Chain.
- Assists in establishing methods and coordinating implementation of new processes and technology throughout the Supply Chain department.
- Constantly drives process improvement by leveraging out-of-the-box thinking & exploring creative avenues.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies that can support process improvement.
- Designs, illustrates, and publishes flow charts, decision trees, SOPs, charts, calendars and multiple other visualizations in support of documentation, project management and communication
- Promotes and develops a continuous improvement culture across the department
- Develops process maps and other documents to illustrate current and future states of processes.
- Analyzes process by conducting time studies, developing value stream maps and employing other Six Sigma techniques.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and assists in building of business cases for process design and process automation projects.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain team members and documents business needs for process design and process automation projects.
- Develops Robotic Process Automation scripts to automate repetitive tasks in various Supply Chain functions.
- Develops decision support tools to facilitate quicker decision making and improve team member efficiency.
- Maintains the documentation essential for training users on tools developed by the team and troubleshooting them.
- Resolves tickets logged by users on tools developed by the team and trains others to provide first level support.
- Organizes all process maps and business process documents and ensures that they are updated periodically as processes evolve.
- Learns Process mapping, analysis and automation software and stays current on new features and updates being added to the software.
- Keeps track of work and provides periodic updates on progress of tasks.
- Participates in process design workshops and brainstorming discussions as needed.
- Supports the team on all Process Reengineering project tasks as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Internship/Co-Op/Project experience in Process Design, Process Improvement, Software Development, Supply Chain
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 Years– Supply Chain, IT, Engineering or similar
- 2 Years – Data Analysis, Data Science, Data Presentation Architecture and/or Statistics
- 2 Years – Business Process Improvement
- 2 Years –Manufacturing Supply Chain Experience
- 2 Years– Supply Chain in a large, multiple data source environment
- 2 Years – Experience in Process Design, Process Improvement, Software Development, Supply Chain
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge
- Software – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Office, Tableau
- Technology – Strong working knowledge of all supply chain information and transactional systems, with the ability to learn both theory and application of existing and emerging technologies and tools.
- Team Work - balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Works well across levels and departments.
- Time & Project Management - Comfortable working within tight and changing deadlines; able to work independently. Oriented towards a deadline completion mindset – puts in the required extra effort to prevent delays
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with a proven record of taking the initiative
- Ability to adjust and execute in a very dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Ability to excel and deliver results working cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Adaptability – Does not require a rigid framework to operate successfully in; is able to improvise both process and technologically to affect the desired outcome; Can clearly explain logical reasons for improvisation.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure, think analytically and communicate effectively.
- Planning/Organizing - uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks optimally
- Detail oriented and accurate - minimizes mistakes, follows every step in a process and follows through with all tasks. Double checks work for accuracy
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information from a variety of levels and technical proficiencies
- Coachability – Has the ability to explicitly and thoroughly follow directions, asks questions to make sure directions are clear.
This position embodies the values of Niagara’s LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Makes safety the number one priority
- Keeps alert for safety issues and escalates immediately
- Effectively prioritizes tasks based on department goals
- Shows respect to others and confronts interpersonal issues directly
- Prioritizes resolution of customer issues effectively
- Responds promptly and honors commitments to internal and external customers
- Makes recommendations to continuously improve policies, methods, procedures, and/or products
- Demonstrates adaptability by reacting appropriately to unexpected changes in situations or circumstances
- Increases performance through greater efficiency
- Find a Way
- Seeks to develop technical knowledge through learning from other experts
- Understands interdepartmental impact of individual decisions and actions
- Seeks solutions rather than placing blame
- Empowered to be Great
- Consistently looks for ways to improve one’s self through growth and development opportunities
- Communicates clearly and promptly up, down, and across
- Communicates effectively to manage expectations
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain/Information Technology/Business Analytics/Systems Engineering or other related field
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain/Information Technology/Business Analytics/Systems Engineering or other related field
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: Six Sigma Green Belt
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None Required