IT Analyst, Capital Markets Operations
Operating from our 18 offices, 2400 Murexians from over 60 different nationalities ensure the development, implementation and support of our platform which is used by banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world.
Join Murex and work on the challenges of an industry at the forefront of innovation and thrive in a people-centric environment.
You’ll be part of one global team where you can learn fast and stay true to yourself.
Why join us:
Murex is the right place for you if you are looking to work alongside other bright and motivated individuals in an environment where collaboration and ownership are highly valued. We believe in empowering our people to take the reigns in tackling challenging opportunities with support and guidance when needed. We also believe in continuous growth of our team and encourage exploration to keep ahead of the fast-paced changes in capital markets and fintech.
As an Analyst in the Murex New York office, you will work closely with our clients which are major banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, corporate and other players in the capital markets. Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on Murex best practices in the organizational modelling in MX.3, transaction lifecycle management, confirmation and matching of transactions, settlements, and position management
- Contributing to client-site MX.3 implementations during the requirements gathering, design, build, test and deployment phases by participating in workshops, preparing documentation, configuring client requirements and performing quality assurance tests.
- Providing client support including managing open issues and supporting upgrade activities
- Communicating development needs to the Murex product development team
- Providing internal and external training
In addition to the above, you may also participate as a functional expert in the sales process.
- Recent 2021 graduation, or 0-3 years of experience in technology for capital markets.
- Strong academic background in information systems, engineering or technology
- Strong interest in business or finance
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system, SQL, XSL and basic programming is a plus.
- Familiarity with the trade lifecycle of financial products.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Have strong analytical skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to identify trends and recommend a course of action to resolve/improve/enhance usage of our solution
- Management of complex client relationships
- Ability to listen to client requirements, seek to understand their business, and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Is self-motivated and a team player
- Has a strong interest in the financial markets
- Ability to travel