Manufacturing & Data Systems Technician
Purpose of Position:
Performs a variety of technical duties and activities under general supervision to support Operations. Responsible for the daily reporting requirements of the assigned equipment and systems.
- Works with and supports maintenance, plant engineering, operations as needed
- Participates in Kaizen and Lean activities as necessary to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and provides inputs to work order system
- Utilizes PeopleSoft systems for order requests
- Maintain plant training system and trains new personnel on established procedures.
- Accesses necessary data to monitor performance responsibilities within departments provides support when required
- Works as team member to reduce costs, downtime, and/or defects and increase yields.
- Helps to determine methods or procedures.
- Uses plant systems, such as WindChill, CWorks, SharePoint, etc
- Fully supports and promotes safety
- Support of plant initiatives to improve operational excellence, such as PCPD and 5S improvements
- Collect and provide basic analysis of data.
- Keep coordinators, supervisors, and operators informed of any changes or issues
- Support production and engineering departments as assigned on project s as necessary
- Procure needed parts for projects or machine repair as required
Hours of work:
- Typical first shift production hours, M-F, 40+ hr
- Will require occasional off shift support of production
- < 5%. May be needed for training, benchmarking or other activity
Education & Experience:
- We require a minimum of a 2-year technical degree
- Sollid SQL database skills
- We are seeking excellent organizational skills.
- Understand technical details and impacts of the process and requirements for successful performance, quality, and delivery
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Follow-up and documentation skills a must.
- Ability to build relationships within multi-functional groups;
- Good problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office: Outlook (email), Excel, Word proficiency
- Standout colleague, ability to work with all levels of the organization
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!