Research Associate - Data Analysis
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate opening for a Research Associate with experience or interest in the analysis of performance data from military systems to support military operations. The analysis includes both Major Acquisition Programs and fielded systems in the Department of Defense. IDA takes great pride in the rigor, quality, and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
This position will support and advise IDA research staff and mid and senior-level Department of Defense personnel regarding operational test and evaluation of major acquisition programs and fielded systems. The position involves processing, analyzing, and visualizing data collected during operational testing or related activities to provide independent assessments to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. The responsibilities will include developing methods for dealing with the challenges of operational testing and improving data quality and assisting in the preparation of documents (e.g., briefings and reports on the design, conduct, and findings of operational tests). Occasional travel may be required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math disciplines, such as Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics.
- Candidate must be fluent in Python and R. Fluency in other programming languages, e.g., C, C++, or PERL, is desired.
- Data wrangling, data analytics, and statistics experience desired.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. Having a current TS/SCI is desired.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.