Data Engineer Intern
Who we are ✨
Snackpass is building the social layer for local commerce, starting with restaurants. We believe that in 5 years, restaurants will be entirely cashier-less. Snackpass mobile order and kiosk are the next generation of the in-store customer experience, replacing traditional registers. We enable mobile ordering, group buying, and social rewards for users. On our platform, restaurants grow their brand by converting offline purchasers into digital followers, while saving on labor costs. At over $60m in annual GMV, Snackpass is one the largest social commerce platforms in the US, one of the fastest growing marketplaces, and a top 100 YC company. We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, First Round Capital, Craft Ventures, and General Catalyst. We built this all with a team of under 40 people, growing 7x YoY. And we’re just getting started. The environment at Snackpass is high impact, fast paced, and empowering for everyone. We are growing fast and looking for hungry and humble builders to join us in any of our hubs (NYC, SF, LA) or remotely.
While we’ve seen the rise of online delivery apps, delivery makes up less than 10% of the restaurant market. The rest — takeout and dine-in — remains offline, anonymous, and on the verge of disruption. There is a $600B opportunity to make offline takeout and dine-in transactions digital, self-service, and connected, and we’re leading this movement.
About the Role ✨
On a typical day you might...
- Build ETL processes with Python and Apache Airflow
- Create data models to underpin our analytics infrastructure
- Build pipelines to efficiently serve data to production inference services
- Write data quality tests to monitor the integrity of operation-critical data sources
- Python development experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL, you should expect to write complex queries often, experience working with NoSQL data in a SQL context is a plus
- Pursuing a BA/BS in a quantitative or social science field
- Share our values - We believe in simplicity, team programming, growing together and learning from our mistakes
- Experience with workflow management engines such as Apache AirFlow
- Experience working with NoSQL data and databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau