R3581604 GE Research Edison Engineering Development Program – Niskayuna, NY
To be considered for this position, you must also apply at our careers site: https://jobs.gecareers.com/global/en/job/R3581604/Edison-Engineering-Development-Program-GE-Research-Niskayuna-NY
Unlock your technology passion and kick start your career in the GE Research Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). The GE Research EEDP is an early career program designed to grow your technical & leadership skills through challenging R&D rotational assignments, formal training & education, and professional coaching & mentorship. In the GE Research EEDP, you will collaborate with world-class researchers toward achieving our mission: to see, move, and create the future of flight, healthcare, and energy.
Essential Responsibilities :
The GE Research Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) will prepare you for an exciting career in engineering research that will have real impact on GE’s businesses and customers around the world.
In the GE Research EEDP, you will:
• Work on at least 3 research projects over 2-3 years in a variety of disciplines.
• Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
• Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for aviation, healthcare, power, and renewable energy.
• Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
• Participate in leadership development training with GE program members from other businesses and locations
• Share project progress internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Current research areas include:
• mechanical structure analysis and computation (FEA)
• advanced mechanical systems design and development (bearings, gears, couplings, and rotors)
• heat transfer/thermal management and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
• embedded computing and cybersecurity
• model-based control, advanced control algorithms, and optimization
• high performance materials - including high temperature metal alloys, ceramics, composites, and energy storage
• electric machine design and control
• power electronics and electric power systems
• artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision
• scalable data analytics, cloud computing, industrial software engineering
• robotics and autonomous systems
• probabilistic design and optimization of mechanical systems
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
• Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
• Relocation to Niskayuna, NY; this position is based in the GE Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
• Permanent legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Rotations in the Edison Program may require an individual to obtain active US Government Secret Clearance with ability to attain a Top Secret Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
Desired Characteristics :
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
• Enthusiasm for a career in technology and engineering research.
• Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
• High level of adaptability and passion for learning.