Analyst, Portfolio Analytics
What We’re Looking For:
The Analyst, Portfolio Analytics conducts analysis on important business questions to enable decision making and ultimately help improve performance and operations. The analyst will work closely with other 2U teams including Data Science, Student Engagement, and the Program team to analyze trends related to recruiting, retention, and other areas that impact Student Engagement.
This analysis includes vertical level analysis, portfolio level trends in admissions or student success, analysis of survey data, and analysis of the effectiveness of pilots & new initiatives. The analyst will also present their findings, and build stakeholder support for any changes needed to positively impact operations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide analytical support to Student Engagement and Executives by identifying relevant trends, and root causes of those trends, that impact portfolio performance or business operations. (35%)
- Use reporting tools (SQL, Tableau), and statistical methods to answer business questions and provide reusable and sustainable reporting. (30%)
- Conduct training to ensure successful adoption of data products and relevant KPI’s among directors and executives. (15%)
- Work closely with other Senior Analyst & Manager to identify and fix data gaps, improve data practices, and detail best practices for analysis. (20%)
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 1-3 years of relevant analytical, operational and change management work required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a concentration in mathematical, analytical, or business field preferred (i.e.: Economics, Math, Computer Science, Political Science).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate Tableau and intermediate SQL
- Strong understanding of marketing/sales concepts
- Customer centric mindset
- Proven experience creating data products used by executives
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Presentation skills strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information in a tactful manner.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is ($65,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.