T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
The Purchasing Buyer is responsible for identifying, supporting, and executing strategic sourcing activities for a portion of over 100 million USD Commodities spend. The categories can be complex, critical and impactful from a Supply Chain and ensure supply perspective. The individual in this position should have a procurement background, with some sourcing experience or an ability to learn quickly. The individual should be detail oriented and have a drive to support the team to reach cost savings targets on categories impacting T. Marzetti.
- Utilize the size and scale of T. Marzetti to strategically source critical categories and ensure competitive costs
- Lead the sourcing and negotiations for some commodity categories as well as day to day supplier and sku management
- Lead the efforts of transforming critical or bottleneck categories to leverage categories by increasing the supply base, transforming what we need to buy and leveraging the full T. Marzetti size and scale
- Own and detailed execution of the sourcing programs and process linking closely to Manufacturing, Marketing and R&D
- Support the Director of Commodities with cost savings opportunities, cash flow improvement, and alternate supplier initiatives
- Understand the supply chain of commodities items from origin to the factory ensuring that our supply networks are in place to meet our needs for quality and service
- This is both a strategic and a tactical position that requires forward vision and insight to be combined with data gathering and detailed step by step execution
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Preferred 2-4 years of purchasing experience
- SAP experience preferred
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Occasional travel to plants or meetings is required.
Cultivate Your Career
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.