Business Operations Associate
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS's Business Operations group helps run, improve and transform our clients’ full spectrum of business processes and operations, thoughtfully designing solutions focused on operationalizing analytics and implementing cutting-edge automation technologies. Our teams support both project-based and outsourcing solutions that go beyond streamlining operations and reducing costs to deliver domain-focused insights, practical innovations and a superior customer experience.
Business Operations individuals work across different areas including incentive compensation, call planning, meetings and events, process automation using Robotic process automation, customer-centric marketing, forecasting, master data management, value and access, research and development and marketing operations. Our Business Operations teams act as trusted problem-solvers and client connectors.
During their career at ZS, Business Operations team members will get a chance to work on a variety of projects that can be largely classified into the following categories. Each specialization applies some unique skillsets that team members are expected to learn over time.
- Ops Analytics: Leveraging analytics to solve clients’ business problems, and operationalizing them. Addressing business concerns and improving program design through ad-hoc analytics.
- Data & Technology: Configuring and operating data and technology solutions to enable business insights, capability adoption and change management. Engaged in end-to-end tech cycles including requirements gathering, user acceptance testing and operations.
- Process Transformation: Managing and optimizing operations, transforming processes through Intelligent Process Automation, and advising internal and external teams on ways to improve operations.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Business Operations Associates drive value for clients by optimizing/managing business processes, synthesizing data at regular intervals, maintaining high-quality standards, applying automation leveraging cutting edge technology, performing analyses, updating business rules, presenting results to the clients, answering queries on deliverables and generating focused insights.
- Understand client business issues, operating business rules, data and standard operating procedures
- Incorporate process changes in response to evolving business needs
- Operate business processes for clients on a periodic basis, to include: configuring business rules, synthesizing data and performing quality checks
- Strive for continuous automation of business processes (using RPA, Python, VBA, other appropriate tools etc.) working closely with the aim of decreasing effort, improving quality and value
- Apply quality assurance best practices
- Develop strong understanding of processes, data, tools & technology to effectively articulate and discuss project updates/next steps with clients
- Understand, analyze and provide descriptive answers to client queries resulting from deliverables or business questions
- Learn and work with supporting analytical tools like Tableau, SQL, SAS, Microsoft Suite, QlikView, R, ETL (AWS, Informatica etc.)
- Perform descriptive and diagnostic analytics using advanced mathematical techniques/statistical models
- Leverage analytic techniques to use data to provide insights and recommendations to client queries resulting from deliverables or business questions
We welcome candidates with a range of degrees and backgrounds, though sustained success with a significant volume of analytic and quantitative coursework is required. Business Operations Associates commonly possess a bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Management Information Systems, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics.
In addition to a strong academic record of analytic and quantitative work, typically demonstrated through consistent top marks in university, successful Business Operations Associates also have broadly applicable consulting skills such as:
- Team orientation and ownership
- Strong work ethic and personal initiative
- Structured problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Focus on quality and detail orientation
- Strong verbal & written communication, interpersonal and client management skills
- Ability to work across global cross-office teams
- Client service orientation and strong business acumen
- Process management, improvement focus and willingness to learn cutting edge tool and technology
- Prior exposure to any programming language or analytical tools like Tableau, SQL, SAS, Microsoft Suite, QlikView, Python, VBA, R etc.
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.