Manufacturing Production/Process Engineer Co-Op
We are one of the nation's leading manufacturers of agricultural products. Our Hannibal plant is built to manufacture high-quality products in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner. We occasionally have the need for contingent labor, and that's where you come in.
We’re currently seeking six high-performers to fill openings at different operating units across our site. If chosen, you will work inside the plant, assigned to an Active Ingredient production unit (or within Utilities & Incineration) and report to a manager/mentor who will provide you with oversight and details of your assignments, which may vary. During your term with us you will learn about operations of chemical facilities, including a range of topics that may include process interlocks, DeltaV, MOC (Management of Change) and much more.
The scope of assignments for these roles will vary depending on operating unit, but will likely include:
1. Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) (Occupational Safety and Industrial Hygiene)
2. Remediating process interlock gaps in operating manuals
3. Ancillary Debottlenecking plans and small scale “just do it” debottlenecking improvements
4. Responsible Care Management Systems (RCMS) Audit Readiness including Piping & Instrumentation (P&ID) walkdowns and PRD audit, PSM reviews of procedures, reviews of training materials, updates of documentation
5. P&ID Verification of accuracy for line labelling project
6. Project work aimed at Continuous Improvement and Asset Development plans
7. Support for implementation of any Capital projects
Requirements/Qualifications for this role:
Completion of Introduction to Chemical Engineering (Material & Energy Balance) coursework. Experience or further education in Chemical Engineering, Occupational Safety, or Industrial Hygiene a plus.
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River between Hannibal and Palmyra, Missouri, our 1600-acre manufacturing site is home to some of the world’s finest crop protection products. With approximately 400 employees and contractors, our site provides more than 20 technical and formulated agricultural solutions that help farmers meet the growing needs for an abundant and affordable supply of food for today and tomorrow. We are committed to the farming industry and take pride in our facility, our products, and our operations, and we're proud to be an important part of Marion County's community.