Meetings Manager, CARRA (@ Executive Director, Inc.)
Meetings Manager, CARRA at Executive Director, Inc. in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INC. CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance, CARRA
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director, CARRA
DIRECT REPORTS: None
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Work closely with the Assistant Executive Director to ensure successful planning for and implementation of CARRA’s Annual Scientific Meeting, CARRA’s events at the ACR/ARP Annual Meeting, CARRA Registry Retreat, and other meetings that arise during the course of the year.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Lead the sourcing of future Annual Scientific Meeting locations, including updating and distributing the RFP to potential locations.
- Lead the sourcing of space for CARRA events at the ACR/ARP Annual Meeting, including updating and distributing the RFP to potential locations.
- Lead the sourcing of future locations for the CARRA Registry Retreat, including updating and distributing the RFP to potential locations.
- Lead the sourcing of other meeting space as may arise during the course of the year.
- Collect and compile responses to CARRA meeting RFPs.
- Provide recommendations to the Annual Meeting Planning committee regarding proposed space.
- Conduct site visits to determine suitability of proposed meeting space.
- Work with Director of Administration to develop comprehensive meeting budgets for approval by the Board.
Pre-Meeting Planning and Organization
- Work closely with the Annual Meeting Planning Committee to develop and implement the program of events for the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Work closely with the Assistant Executive Director to develop and implement the program of events for the CARRA Events at ACR/ARP Annual Meeting and the CARRA Registry Retreat.
- Oversee function scheduling for events including, but not limited to, plenary sessions, concurrent sessions, workshops, Section & Committee meetings, receptions.
- Liaise with third-party vendors for all events including, but not limited to, hotel sales, convention sales, decorator, and AV vendors.
- Manage all aspects of CARRA meeting registration processes including development and implementation.
- Maintain planning timelines and administer scheduled projects.
- Manage the development of event marketing and program brochures, including the website, e-newsletters, updates, and other correspondence.
- Manage the development of the CARRA Annual Meeting mobile app.
- Provide support as needed to various CARRA committees/work groups to support their meeting related functions.
- Oversee the Abstract submission and review process for the CARRA Annual Scientific Meeting, including but not limited to updating the online submission system, coordinating with the abstract review committee, sending out abstract related communications, and ensuring proper review of the abstracts by the Publications committee.
On-Site Event Management
- Lead the on-site execution of the CARRA meetings, including but not limited to, serving as point person for all vendors, exhibitors, hotel staff, CARRA staff, and meeting attendees.
- Room checks to ensure proper set-up
- Overseeing on-site registration desk
- Ensuring appropriate staff coverage for various activities.
Post Meeting Management
- Compile and summarize meeting evaluations
- Manage the processing of travel reimbursements with the support of CARRA Administrative staff.
- Maintain current and historical meeting information in the CARRA files.
- Work with Publications Committee on the development, review, and publication of the CARRA Annual Scientific Meeting abstracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 15 days per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred; excellent organizational and communications skills; computer proficiency; high accuracy; attention-to-detail; ability to travel internationally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.