Technical Operations Rotational Program - West Point, PA
Job Description In Primary Posting Language Include Requirements For Education,Experience And Skills)
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
The Associate Specialist, Engineering is responsible for providing technical and operational support to the vaccine manufacturing area while actively supporting, participating in and embracing an empowered team culture. This position directly impacts our Company largest and most complex vaccine manufacturing plant site and offers numerous technical and collaborative opportunities. The successful candidate will start in a technical operations role and will be considered for rotational opportunities within manufacturing operations to further develop her/his knowledge of the vaccine manufacturing business as well as help position them for future career growth. Both the initial assignment and future rotational opportunities will include off-shift/off-schedule support within a vaccine manufacturing operations area.
- Contributes to the performance and results of a vaccine manufacturing department.
- Provides technical guidance
- Applies technical skills to align activities with department objectives.
- Works as a team member on manufacturing investigations, validation activities and/or process improvement projects.
- Examines issues from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause.
- Assures consistent application of standardized work, engineering and process tools, and procedures.
- Assists with and may lead experimental protocols as needed using the Technical Operations lab facilities and/or production equipment at full scale.
- Authors and updates technical and manufacturing documents necessary for investigations, process design/definition, engineering studies, process demonstrations, change control, and validation.
- May participate in regulatory inspection activities for the facility.
- Effectively collaborates with equipment vendors, peers at West Point, and peers above site as required.
- Innovates within area by initiating/leading both business and technical process improvements.
- During potential rotation within operations, routinely interact with shop floor personnel to successfully execute vaccine manufacturing production plans as well as develop and implement continuous improvements on the production floor.
Required Education and Skills:
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Sciences by July 2022
- Communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Experience in biologics, vaccine, or bulk sterile manufacturing facilities
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma tools
- Capabilities for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, including leading small projects
- Frequently interacts with employees within own and from other departments
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.